EA HRM drops when High Impact

Options
Moretakitty
Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
Does anyone else have this issue? When I am running or stride jumping, the EA HRM drops drastically. When I am done the exercise, it jumps to what I assume is my actual heart rate.

Any ideas?

Replies

• Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    First and foremost.... welcome Moretakitty,

This kind of thing happens to me as well... when I am doing the running, etc. It is like when I am performing the event the HRM numbers are low (like body at rest low) until after the workout then the number goes back up. It is like it needs to catch up or something. Then sometimes the HRM just shows dashes like it is reseting. Not sure why it does these things either.

Have you tried some of the Custom workouts listed in the "Custom Weekly Workout" thread?

We are trying to keep things interesting here with challenges and tournaments to keep use going and motivated.
    Please share ideas if you have some.

Hope you are doing well on your fitness journey.

JAC
  • embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Happens to me as well! Before I got my own HRM, I thought that running actually made my heart rate slow down... :-) but now I know that it gets pretty hgh!
  • Moretakitty
    Options
    First and foremost.... welcome Moretakitty,

This kind of thing happens to me as well... when I am doing the running, etc. It is like when I am performing the event the HRM numbers are low (like body at rest low) until after the workout then the number goes back up. It is like it needs to catch up or something. Then sometimes the HRM just shows dashes like it is reseting. Not sure why it does these things either.

Have you tried some of the Custom workouts listed in the "Custom Weekly Workout" thread?

We are trying to keep things interesting here with challenges and tournaments to keep use going and motivated.
    Please share ideas if you have some.

Hope you are doing well on your fitness journey.

JAC

Thanks! Maybe it's time to invest in a chest HRM. :)
    I am working my way through the 9 week program (half way there!), then will likely start exploring more. I love this group though! It's a wonderful idea!
  • Moretakitty
    Options
    Happens to me as well! Before I got my own HRM, I thought that running actually made my heart rate slow down... :-) but now I know that it gets pretty hgh!

Glad to know it's not only me! Thanks! :)
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I am working my way through the 9 week program (half way there!), then will likely start exploring more. I love this group though! It's a wonderful idea!

Well done Moretakitty. Keep up the good work.
  • Moretakitty
    Options

Well done Moretakitty. Keep up the good work.

Thanks!