Cinnamon

Options
Acliff510
Acliff510 Posts: 122 Member
I started a cinnamon supplement last week. Anyone else do this & what were your results??

I'm looking to control my insulin levels so that I can drop weight more easily.

Replies

• bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I take cinnamon supplements too. I started taking it long before I started metformin and my fasting glucose levels did not seem to be affected by the cinnamon; it was still a bit high every time I did a blood test, which is why I finally agreed to take the metformin. I have bad circulation in one of my legs though, which caused my foot to fall asleep all the time and the cinnamon definitely helped that issue, I have way better circulation now which is why I've continued taking it.
  • claire1977
    claire1977 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I've just started taking cinnamon supplements so no real results as yet but combined with the metformin it seems to have carb cravings under control or at least better than before, keep us updated on your progress
  • Acliff510
    Options
    the only thing I have noticed so far is that I get a cinnamon after taste for a while ... not a bad thing compared to vitamins like fish oil or something. ~LOL

Though, last night I took one with my dinner after a really high calorie workout and I became very faint and nauseated. So, I've decided that I won't take them with meals after a workout ....
  • powellfam2006
    powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Where do you get those at???
  • Acliff510
    Options
    Where do you get those at???

They are in the vitamin section of most markets.
  • amandaa02
    amandaa02 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have seen several post on Cinnamon.. What is it suppose to do?? I have been told that I have PCOS.. Ive never really had any testing done but I have several of the symptoms. I am on Metformin, b6, and chromium picolinate. I was recently told by a friend, That taking Folic Acid will help in getting prego.
  • Acliff510
    Options
    I have seen several post on Cinnamon.. What is it suppose to do?? I have been told that I have PCOS.. Ive never really had any testing done but I have several of the symptoms. I am on Metformin, b6, and chromium picolinate. I was recently told by a friend, That taking Folic Acid will help in getting prego.

Cinnamon is supposed to help control blood sugar levels. And Folic Acid is just a vitamin ... it does not cause fertility BUT if you were to get pregnant ... studies have shown that taking folic acid prior to concieving can prevent spinal disorders in a developing fetus'