1st month for 25 in 16 - how are you feeling?

Options
LovinLifeChik
LovinLifeChik Posts: 126 Member
Happy Tuesday, Challenge Members!

We are entering week four of our summer challenge. So how is everyone doing? Stay strong - it is a 16 week journey and I expect we will all have our ups, downs and times when the scale doesn't move at all. That's life! As long as you keep your focus in the long run and set/keep your priorities - you are going to do fine! I remind myself of this every single day!

So I was looking at our last weigh in! You are all doing great! Don't let a no scale movement, or even a small gain, set your mood! Make sure you are tracking your measurements, and you may truly see progress from that perspective. I also urge you to share inches lost on your weigh-in, so that we can all celebrate your loss!

We started out with 18 Members - and as I had expected, weigh-ins are only coming from about half of our group. I send out this message to say that if you do not plan to weigh-in weekly, it's ok to drop from the group. That's not to be mean, but just to ensure that the group remaining know who is truly participating. We hope you will come back actively, but understand if this challenge just isn't working for you at this point!

Have a great last week of June!
Sharon

Replies

• LovinLifeChik
    Options
    I just realized I never answered my own question above!

I am enjoying a nice round of TOM at the moment. Not the most pleasant point of any month for me, and usually the most dreaded timeframe for me on the scale. I gave in to hormones and exhaustion yesterday and ate at Arby's. Now, not that there is anything horribly wrong with that - but instead of a plain RB sandwich and a side salad, I left with a Beef & Cheddar and onion rings.

Late last night, I decided that my goal this week is to beat TOM! Historically, this one week of the month has ended up in a gain of anywhere from 3-8 lbs. Mostly water retention. But I am working this week to reverse that history and end the week with a maintain or maybe even a loss! Lots of mind over matter, and prayers will get me through!

Otherwise, I am feeling strong! I used this last week to clean out the fridge and the pantry of all detrimental foods, and stocked up over the weekend on fruits, veggies, good proteins and carbs! I'm ready to roll!

Have a great ending to your month!
    Sharon
  • Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone ! I am chugging along, AF is just around the corner for me as well and the PMS cravings are knocking at the door. I am doing to best to keep them at bay. Like Sharon mentioned, I also tend to gain anywhere from 2-6 lbs. during this time. But I do know that next week I will be back to normal.

I want to THANK each of you for being such supportive pals. Your comments keep me going and encourage me even more to keep going !
  • cwilliamshill
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am scared about my weigh in tomorrow because I have gone back slightly to my old ways, been stopping for fast food because I am so busy with work and its just more convienent. Have not walked all week, except for today, but im not giving up! Also have my friend right now so Im bloated and just feeling like _ _ _ _. We will see what the scale says tomorrow morning. The grad parties and camping trips dont help either. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the support and WE CAN DO THIS! Its nice to have a support group. Im glad I joined. Christine
  • drumsrevolver
    Options
    Best of luck with your weigh-in Christine! That's a really honest post and I can relate to those feelings when I'm having days that seem to consist mostly of cakes and biscuits :embarassed: . But huge kudos on the positive attitude and not giving up - as long as we carry on reporting in - good or bad, being honest and accountable to ourselves - you're right .... WE CAN DO THIS!
  • Djkaya29
    Djkaya29 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Friends,

I am doing pretty good overall with the challenge, I am working on rounding up some friends in my local area to walk with, I think that will keep me more active. I recently retired and realized I don't know anyone in my community:(, so I am working on changing that. I generally enter my information on my phone and don't get on the site enough to chat with the rest of the members, so I am going to make that a new goal too.......I really think this is a good group and I can see how the support and encouragement is a positive thing!!!

Good luck this week.
    Darlene
  • LovinLifeChik
    Options
    I wish I could say that this challenge was breezing by for me...but in all honesty, I'm struggling! I have not been to the gym in two weeks and my food choices, on the whole, are not going to get me where I want to go. If you ask me, I am sure I could come up with a thousand excuses why I'm struggling - but the truth is that it's easier to fall back to old ways than to make new ones to stick to!

But, I'm constantly working on it! And will do so again this coming week. Here is to all of us, who own up to our actions, our insecurities and our concerns/disappointments. And even more - here's to not letting it get us completely down or derail us from what we are trying to do. One day at a time, one meal at a time, one decision at a time...but we are going to do it!