healthy ramadam idea's

Options
Leylaos
Leylaos Posts: 136 Member
:smile: assalamu Aleykum(peace be on you)

insh'Allah (God willling) ramadam coming soon as a revert im not very experienced and always put on weight every year i choose all the wrong foods to eat ,also being in somali family we eat all the lovley but high fat traditional ramadam foods

please if u have any healthier food ideas let me know

jazackAllahu kharian

Replies

• manasunshine
    Options
    kulfi

ingredients:
    1 litre milk full cream (i sometimes use low fat. it tastes the same)
    250 ml cream
    1 2/3 cup sugar
    1 slice of white bread
    20 almonds blanched and ground
    4 crushed cardamoms

method:
    pour milk in pan and bring to simmer, let it simmer till the milk is half. (i leave a wooden spoon in the pan, it keeps the milk from pouring out).meanwhile grind the bread slice and cardamoms and the almonds together. then lower the heat once the milk is half and add cream, sugar and the mixture of bread, cardamom and almonds. mix well. let it cook for a little and then turn off the heat. check the consistency. it shouldn't be too thin. pour into paper cups and seal with rubber band and paper bag. then freeze it for 12hours/overnight. serve next day!
  • Leylaos
    Options
    Mash'Allah sister i love kulfi insh'Allah i will defo be making it yummmy

thanks for recipe
  • MuslimFitnessInstructor
    Options
    I am sticking to salad and soup and baked chicken or fish this year, no heavy foods at all, i will not gain 10lbs like i do every single ramandam
  • vakaranshah786
    vakaranshah786 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That kulfi recipe sounds really simple thanks gonna try it some day
  • munichmangler
    munichmangler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That kulfi recipe sounds delish.

However, it is rather high in calories due to the fat and sugar content. It works out at 3529 cals if made with whole milk and double cream, and 2700 cals if made with semi-skimmed milk and single cream. Ouch...
  • RevertMuslimah
    Options
    I am sticking to salad and soup and baked chicken or fish this year, no heavy foods at all, i will not gain 10lbs like i do every single ramandam

I would hope to do much the same. Soup is a great solution.
    Just remember to drink lots and start to adequately hydrate bodies now in preparation for fasting.
    Also, I'm trying to decrease my sugar intake slowly during Shaban so that its not too much of a shock to my body considering I'm 23 weeks pregnant.

Hope to fast a few days in Shaban too.
  • rubymejh
    rubymejh Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Alhamdulillah the blessed month is drawing near. I cant wait inshAllah.
  • NajahDaMuslimah
    Options
    As-salaamu alaikum:

Really looking forward to Ramaadan this year...Allahu Akbar!
  • Leylaos
    Options
    inshAllah

not long sisters :)