What kind of Elliptical do you have? Would you recommend it?

Options
kenlad64
kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
I have a Proform SpaceSaver 500, we have had it since March. It was about $300 and we got it from Walmart. It is pretty good, seems sturdy. Good for the price. I never believe the stats, like calories burned, I just go by the time. There was not a way to put in your height or weight, or anything. Seems like a good option in this price range. I want a better one but this one will work :)

Replies

• achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i use the one at my gym at work.... the co. that made it is precor i think...you can enter your stats, except for what sex you are.....i love it....i want one for my house pretty badly
  • RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love the elliptical. its easier on my knees and ankles and works my upper body as well. The free floating movement of the leg function is much better for me than the type that run on tracks, but the best advise is to try several until you find a movement that feels right for you. Movements range from a true elliptical to an arch trainer which uses more glute and hamstring action. My gym uses Cybex primarily. But there are many good brands. Peace. And happy Veteran's Day.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have a Sole E35 and absolutely LOVE it! It's so smooth and quiet. I'm spoiled!
  • RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is the Startrac
  • sdguy2002
    sdguy2002 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I dont have 1 but see them all the time on craigslist. Anyone that works best. Right now I use the one at the gym which is awesome free motion and I dont think I would be able to be happier with anything else. 20 intensity for as long as it takes my partner (if I have 1) to finish. I think the one my gym uses is Precor AMT® 835. Amazing only reason other the sauna i even go to the gym
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I love my nordictrack!
  • sirpilsofd
    sirpilsofd Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a Live Strong Fitness LS8.0E Elliptical http://www.livestrongfitness.com/product/ls80e-elliptical
    It's their basic model but I absolutely love this machine. Since it is the basic model there are not a lot of bells and whistles to it but that is by no means a bad thing.

Pros -
    *Built in speakers with a audio input for a digital audio player. The speakers are not very powerful, great on the mids to highs not great on the lows but still sound good. It gets you through the workout at least. On the weekends I just use my Klipsch computer speakers. There is also a connection for headphones.
    *Small built in fan, three speeds and perfectly aimed in my opinion, hits me in the neck area. I can't stand the ones that blow air in your face but each to his own I guess.
    *Nice stride length, feels very natural.
    *Heart rate monitor
    *Calories burned read out
    *Stage settings, Manual, Weight Loss, Muscle Toner, Strength Builder, Constant Watts, Mellow Johnny's Trail, Lance's Climb, Custom 1 & 2. My fave is the Weight Loss. Can chose your level of resistance as well and depending on what stage you have chosen it automatically changes the resistance for you.
    *Great sturdy construction.
    *Easy assembly. it only took me an hour and half to assemble by myself. No part is too heavy to lift yourself.
    *Compact design will fit just about any where.

Cons-
    *Calories burned read out. Yes I know that I put this in the pros but I think what ever they are using for calculating calories burned they are making some assumptions and is a bit on the low side. And on that note I think myfitnesspal.com may make some assumptions and I feel is a bit generous, so I use a number somewhere in the middle.

All in all it's a great machine and I highly recommend it and at $800 it's a great investment in yourself that doesn't break the bank.
  • twistedpair
    twistedpair Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Anyone heard of / used a Yowza elliptical before? Opinions, thoughts? Looking into purchasing one for home use.
  • twistedpair
    twistedpair Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Received my Yowza cross-trainer today. Absolutely love it!!! It has an added core workout feature, which i've never seen in an elliptical trainer before (that's what sold me). It's super quiet, has an 18" - 32" adjustable stride length ( on the fly ), and pivoting foot pads that give you a more natural motion. A very sturdy machine.

It is wholesale direct perchase only, but it came in six business days ( Canada ). Took roughly 3 hours to assemble.

Really happy with it so far.:drinker:
  • godsvip
    godsvip Posts: 1
    Options
    I picked up a Nordictrack A.C.T. Pro at Second Wind here in the St Louis, MO area. I do like it because it has the adjustable stride length, but it is not automated like my favorite pro brand which is SportsArt. The Nordictrack serves it's purpose. I have fibromyalgia, spinal stenosis and have had cervical spine fusion surgery along with other health issues, so the elliptical seems to be the best choice for me as far as being easier on my joints and such. I've never had a problem getting a good cardio workout on one. However, I have been on some at the gym that was not a good fit and did not have the adjustable stride available. Blessings, Kathy

:flowerforyou:
  • radial
    radial Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a Smooth Fitness model CE 7.4 elliptical. It's big and heay, but I've got the space for it so that's not an issue for me. What I like best is that it is designed for taller users like me. Some of the ellipticals that I've used in various gyms made me feel like I wasn't getting a full range of motion. Kind of like riding a bicycle with the seat set too low. Anyway, I've had it for about three or four years and it's still running fine. Looks, feels, and operates like a commercial quality machine.
  • jat944
    jat944 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use the lifestyle fitness at National Fitness for 60 minutes a day and it is great! I leave the gym with my shirt soaking wet and I have lost 15lbs since May 22nd.
  • Jalyn874
    Jalyn874 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the sole35 and love it!!! It was worth the extra money.....over walmart but I am 5'5 and weigh 232...so it support me and works well at giving me a great workout
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    I have a Sole E35 n I love it! My first experience with ellipticals n I'm so pleased.800$ @ ****s. Great buy!
  • carholl
    carholl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have an older Nordic Track. Up until earlier this year the only thing it was used for was as a clothes hanger. But I finally started using it the first of March, every day for 40 minutes. It helped me get to where I am with the weight loss. But after reading some of the comments I did some reading on the Sole 35 and want one NOW. Went to the mall to try one out and it's like going from a Volkswagon bug to a cadillac. I did a lot of reading, it has the best warranty, could not believe how smooth and quiet it was. It's about a foot longer than what I have, so as soon as we do some rearranging to find a spot for it, it will be mine!!!
  • carholl
    carholl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sole E35 was delivered and set up 2 weeks ago. didnt work from day 1, nobody wanted to take responsibility for it. It is being picked up tomorrow.
  • agapemike4812
    agapemike4812 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sole E95. I love it. This model (maybe all Sole models?) provides an inward angle to the foot pads (2 degrees, maybe?) that helps correct for the wide stance vs. normal running. This one also allows me to adjust the angle of inclination for each foot pad, easing what I have to do to stay back on my heels to avoid numb-toe. Extremely quiet. It's my sister-in-law's, and she wasn't using it. We moved it into the living room during the Olympics, around the time I started MFP. Great motivation now, and should be when Wisconsin winter rolls around: no excuses.

Calories burned seems to be pretty accurate on the machine, as I'm tracking intake closely and losing what I expect to lose between days/weeks with heavier or lighter workouts. MFP calorie burn is always higher by about 1/2 to 2/3 at my current resistance level.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Precor 5.37 (the one where the arms detach if you want it that way). We've had it for 2.5 years and love it. My only gripe is that my husband always forgets to detach the arms as I like to do my homework on it and can't have the arms hitting me as I am trying to study. It is big and bulky but being a big Precor fan know this will last at least 10-years, if not a heck of a lot more. Not easy to move though and you pretty much have to hire someone from a fitness store to take it apart and move it if you physically move. All other ellipticals feel funny to me since I've been using Precor for about 15-years.
  • mjkpe
    mjkpe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    NordicTrack e7.1 and YES I would recommend it!

Last month I quit the YMCA. I was one of their best customers as I paid and hardly ever went. Then I got my machine and joined MFP.

After trying out some lower priced ones, (under $1k as this is all my wife would agree to with my track record :grumble: ), we purhcased a NoricTrack e7.1 It seem to be the most strudy in that price range and the only one under $2k that the moveable arms would not bump me when I was checking my heart rate. When I started I weighed 279 and the machine has a weight limit of 300. I will get a thump or thud sound ofetn depending on foot placement. Other than that I love it.
  • kidwizard
    Options
    Recently, I purchased a Sole E35 and today was the first time I used it. After researching elliptical information online, I think I made a good decision with this purchase.