Who would eat a meal like this?

Options
Hi all.

It was my daughter's birthday last week and for our family get together she said she wanted a Tardis cake. So, Mrs Aperture Science and me, took to making her one. It was hard, neither of us are cake makers practiced in this type of cake, although both of us could knock up a batch of muffins or a standard sponge cake without too much trouble.

Here are the results:

IMAG0457.jpg

The body of the cake is pink and white Madeira sponge glued together with jam and then covered in home made blue icing, the detailing is all laser printed paper, stuck on with liquid glucose.

When we putting it all together we ended up with lots of slices of sponge cake which we decided to turn in to these beauties....

IMAG0459.jpg

Yep Fake Fish Fingers and Custard

Each fish finger is a small length of sponge cake, coated in jam, then rolled in golden breadcrumbs. The fake custard is banana flavour Angel Delight (not sure if they sell it in the US or Canada, it's a milk based pudding you make from a packet). 300 cals per portion.

Here is another pic:

IMAG0461.jpg

Who would eat a meal like that? Yes he would.

Replies

• Th3Machine
    Th3Machine Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would totally. I bet it tasted divine!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I :heart: your 'fish fingers' idea. I might even steal it!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* I would! That cake looks amazing
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    That is so horribly adorably geeky badass.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Great work on the cake. I would eat those fish fingers even if they were real and coated in pudding.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The Tardis cake is great, The Dr would approve.
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    *head explodes from awesome*

Thanks for sharing! =D
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    That is awesome - you guys did great! I have to show this to my 14 year old Doctor Who addict daughter - she will love this!
  • cathyc71
    cathyc71 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That looks fantastic!! Great job on the cake and the fish fingers & custard.
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!!! Do not let my daughter see this! LOL

She still thinks that John Barrowman/Captain Jack Harkness should be my next sperm donor so that she can have a brother by someone who she thinks is 'close' to the Doctor. This all started when I said that I loved the Doctor but not 'that' way and that if I were able to be bi or straight for any man, it would be Captain Jack. She has never let me forget that one. rofl
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    But where's the Jelly babies?
  • sukuna
    sukuna Posts: 13
    Options
    That's an awesome cake! I'd totally enjoy that meal. ^_^