Finishing P90X

jfan175
jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
I'm in my last 2 weeks of p90x and was thinking about doing Insanity next. I've had great results so far and want to keep the momentum going....I've dropped 32lbs and have about 18 more to go. My biggest concern is whether my 51yo joints can withstand Insanity. I get through the entire PlyoX without issues, but that's only one high impact session per week. I'm in decent cardio shape, I can get through all of the p90x cardio workouts...actually they've become rather easy. Any other 50+ members doing/did Insanity? If so, were there any joint problems?

Replies

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    I am not 51, but I have bad knees.

Plyo was really hard on them so I started taking Glucosamine with MSM. Glucosamine is supposed to help the body build more cartilage, and the MSM is a lubricant for the joints. It is recommended for people with arthritis, it has helped me greatly.
    Find it in the vitamin/supplement section of any grocery/drug store.

It takes about 2 weeks for any real noticeable difference.

hope that helps!
  • If you don't think you could handle P90X plyo four days a week, I'd think twice about doing Insanity. It is a great workout, but it is extremely high impact. You leave your feet quite a bit in the first month, and they take it up a notch or two in the second month. If you give it a go, I'd buy it directly through Beachbody because they have a 30-day money back guarantee, if I'm not mistaken.
  • MSP222
    MSP222 Posts: 13 Member
    I have Turbofire, P90x and Insanity and the truth is I am unable to complete a "program" in full due to my knees, I simply have to do what I can and alternate harder and easier days. I tend to moderate it and try and miss out the plyometrics but it is still possible to get a fantastic workout with it.