Motivation Area

Options
Squible
Squible Posts: 359 Member
Lagging abit?
Don't wanna go out for your mile or 2?
TOUGH! GO DO IT! It won't take long and you'll feel so much better afterwards :)

Lets make this a motivational place we can add pics or just put our own quotes up or if anyone has any good motivational songs they use which helps keep them pushing harder! So If one day we don't want to go out and exercise we can come here and get the drive and motivation we need to go out.

cant-stop-wont-stop_30.html

Replies

• Squible
    Options
    253397916503953128_MQY2RaNW_f.jpg
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I had to have a couple of days off as ankle played up Fri, back has been a bit dodgy this past couple of days, but it was not to bad this evening so I made myself go and do my run, really enjoyed it and done my best one yet (C25K)
  • Squible
    Options
    I had to have a couple of days off as ankle played up Fri, back has been a bit dodgy this past couple of days, but it was not to bad this evening so I made myself go and do my run, really enjoyed it and done my best one yet (C25K)

Hope your ankle is better now :) keep on running!
  • YvetteLee1
    YvetteLee1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Ok, day 1 goal of 4 miles is met and it's only 10:00 a.m. Would usually do at least one more walk later, but the heat here (IL) is extreme with high humidity so will probably just do my usual walking in place. I know someone else posted last week that walking in place is kind of meaningless, but I have found that, for me, it keeps me up and moving when I can't do the outside walking. I figure anything is better than nothing, right? So, whatever anyone does to keep moving, good for you! I applaud the sincere motivation and determination that it takes to try and be healthier. As my dr. told me, don't look at it so much as a number (which we all do when stepping on the scale), but as a lifestyle and mind set change. It is a NEW AND IMPROVED YOU! :happy:
  • laurie858
    laurie858 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I know someone else posted last week that walking in place is kind of meaningless, but I have found that, for me, it keeps me up and moving when I can't do the outside walking. I figure anything is better than nothing, right?

I agree. I ask myself "am I burning more calories doing this than I would if I was sitting on the couch watchign tv?" So, gardening, cleaning, shopping, and walking in place are all good things.

Keep Moving! :)
  • laurie858
    laurie858 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Don't wanna go out for your mile or 2?
    TOUGH! GO DO IT! It won't take long and you'll feel so much better afterwards :)

Love it!!! I agree!!! Early morning walks are TOUGH. But the hardest part is getting out of bed. I set out my clothes ahead of time, so all I have to do it put on a sports bra and my shoes, grab a breakfast bar and a water bottle, and head out the door. I warm up with a walk while eating a bit, then jog when I'm ready.

Getting out of bed early for a run can be SO tough, but it's SO rewarding and worth it. :)
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I agree!! I feel so much better about my day when I get started first thing in the morning. Lately my problem has been getting up on time lol Must go to bed earlier! Plus I just recently read an article on the importance of sleep! lol
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I agree, I love getting something in in the morning, I have to do the school walk anyway, so that counts, and then I do my run on the way home, or if I'm not running I'll do my workout as soon as I'm back in before doing anything else.

Once I'm back at work and have earlier shifts though, that will be different, will have to get myself in a routine of exercising afterwards those days.