Newbie here

Options
Ttgettindown
Ttgettindown Posts: 4 Member
Hi Everyone~ I am glad to be here and have been really missingand looking for support and good info from others struggling/managing chronic pain conditions and fibromyalgia. I was in a car accident 3 years ago and have had the myofacial pain syndrome diagnosis but recently had three dr's confirm that I also have fibromyalgia. The two together is no fun, and many of the treatments of tactics counteract the diagnosis. A year ago I had lost 80 lbs through diet and painful but consistent exercise and was on my way to getting my physical health back when I began to feel fatigued and over a 6 month period found myself out of work on disability and barely able to get out of bed or walk. A year later, I am finally up to walking 10 minutes a day. I have had sooo many ups and downs over the past year but am once again committed to getting my health back through healthy eating and exercise. I know it will be a long process and a lifetime journey, and I am really learning my limits and finally accepting that my injuries from a car accident will not be fixed. Thanks for listening and I look forward to getting to know many of you. Take Care! T

Replies

• kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you!! If you want a friend that understands, feel free to send me a request - it helps when people get it. Keep up the good work!
  • kskalniak
    kskalniak Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi! I am brand new here too! I am on disability as well for fibromyalgia/osteoarthritis. I have extreme exhaustion and pain and do not take any of the fibro meds as I've been the human guinea pig over the last 10 years and found nothing helps and only helped me to gain 45 pounds. My doctor gave me an assignment of coming on this website to start a program so that is what I'm doing today. I just lost my job today as well and you can guess it is because of too many sick days. Yes, I had a ticket to work with disability but I guess they didn't care. I never had a write up and was always told how great I was at my job but today got the boot and was told it was being absent for sick days. So, am a bit depressed because I cannot live only on disability. I really don't eat that much but am finding out on this food/exercise tally if that really is true. I have a degree in physical education/fitness but when I got sick all of that went out the door. I really am just trying to get my life back. I have not been exercising as I just am too exhausted and I hate the heat. I do not belong to a gym because it is too costly for me and really struggle getting out in the heat. We do have a pool so we'll see how many excuses I can come up with for that...ha! Today is my first day. I'm going to try to stay as positive as I can even with the loss of my job. I will try to get in the pool later and possibly go for a walk. I really can't promise anything except to say I will try. I am hoping this site will be of help to me and maybe we can help each other reach our goals. I want to lose the 45 pounds I gained plus try to get some energy again. I want to try to get some of my life back.
  • clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I know how you all feel - Ive let myself spiral out of control so badly.

I used to be very fit and active, a few sports injuries and the pain got worse and worse, eventually at 22 (!) i was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both knees. it was then that i lost a lot of hope, the pain was there all the time, i felt i'd lost control, ive been in and out of depression ever since too. its so hard to get out of the '...Cant exercise cos im in pain, but im in pain because i dont exercise enough vicious cycle...'

The other week i had a mental health assessment as my depression and anxiety had got that bad, i was cleaning all the time, OCD etc... today i had my first session with a 'Health Trainer' she said something to me that has really motivated me today, that instead of all the things i cant do, be more positive.. she said

'...With every Ending, There is a new Beginning...'

If I (we) can treat this, today as a New Beginning, we're getting there... and we will get there :)
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you! I'm proud of each of you that you have found your way here and are dedicated to reclaiming your health. I'm a cancer survivor and have Fibro as well as osteoarthritis, high blood pressure and depression so it's been a long road for me to get here. I'm so glad I have as I've found terrific support and am slowly getting fitter in spite of the pain and fatigue I contend with. I am hopeful in ways now that I haven't been for a long, long time.

I don't remember exactly who said this, but I offer this quote to add to clairegreen19's: "See the end in the beginning..."
    In other words, visualize ending the journey you're now starting as successful and with you being as healthy and pain free as possible. I know we can do it!

I have wonderful pals here but almost none with chronic pain or fatigue. Would be happy to be your friends.

:happy: