New to mfp and Insanity.

Options
I'm starting Insanity tomorrow morning. Eep! It looks tough but, damn, I want that Tee!

Replies

• ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It's tough but not impossible! You can do it!
  • psideon
    psideon Posts: 24
    Options
    Go at your own pace... get a heart rate monitor (chest strap preferably) and have fun!
    You'll sweat bullets but it will feel awesome.

God be with you!
  • balancedhealth
    Options
    I just started Insanity today with the fit test. OMG, I am so scared! That fit test was pretty tough. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
  • Super_Dave_32
    Options
    A heart rate monitor is a must. Push yourself and you'll be surprised how quick you improve. Good luck!
  • Zitawins216
    Zitawins216 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Super Dave..please explain why a HRM is a must. I've been doing Insanity for the last month. I was too scared to move on to month 2 as I had missed a couple workouts here and there .so I decided to do it again. Now I'm in week 3. this time I know I'm ready as I've just started adding in the Upper Body weight dvd 3 times a week also. Just curious though why you said it's a must. I don't have one yet and I've been estimating my burns on the low end but your response was so emphatic..just thought I'd ask if maybe I'm missing something by not having the HRM.
  • tikab89
    tikab89 Posts: 29
    Options
    I was on week 3 of Insanity then missed it for 3 days because I was out of town. So I simply restarted it, now I'm on day 4. I was SO sore after the first 2 days, I also wasn't able to get through the warm up without stopping. It makes you feel so good afterwards!! I need a HRM SO bad but they are so expensive. I just don't have the money for one at the moment. I bought Insanity a year ago but got pregnant last May so I couldn't use it. But I can tell it's working because I lost 7 lbs from dieting right and doing Insanity!
  • MissAzSunBunny
    MissAzSunBunny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started it today! Good Luck! Its hard but like everyone else said, you can go at your own pace [ just make sure you don't let your HR drop low]
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    YAY I just ordered the program....So excited to get it, although I wont be starting it right away because I just started Chalean Extreme and want to finish that first. Best of luck to you all
  • Super_Dave_32
    Options
    Zeyonce216 - I say that mostly because of month two, because it gets pretty crazy since the workouts are longer. A heart rate monitor did two things for me. First of all, it helped me pace myself. I have a tendency to try to keep up with the DVD pace and burn myself out. With a monitor, I can keep track of how fast my heart is beating, which helps me work hard without jumping out of my target range. Secondly, once I got adjusted to the tougher routines in the second month, it gave me the confidence to start picking up the pace late in workouts because I knew my body was ready to handle it. For me, the hard data the monitor gives me eliminates the mental guesswork that tends to sidetrack me. I can stop thinking and just focus on working. Others may not need that, but I know it did me a world of good for me.
  • dongreyatindra
    Options
    Hi Superdev

My name is Yatindra I am from India and i am in worst shape of my life .So you can imagine doing insanity is not easy . I have to take lot of breaks . I wanted to know when you were doing insanity , how did you keep yourself motivated ? What were you thinking about them that helped you finish the journey ?

Regards

Yatindra
  • NurseAlysia88
    Options
    I am starting insanity on Monday! Any advice?