BURN A POUND - Week 1 Mini Challenge

Options
lottieloves85
lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
So if you haven't already heard, our first mini challenge is...

BURN A POUND!

We've all got to aim for a total calorie burn of 3500 this week - which is the equivalent to a pound! So make sure you log every workout so you can tot it up come the end of the week.

Some high burn workout suggestions are:

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred - a high intensity 30 minute workout that burns about 250 cals
Zumba - lots of fun and melts about 500 cals an hour
Kettlercise - strength and cardio are a winning combo, resulting in a whopping 800 cals an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us updated here with how you're all getting along :)

Go get it guys!! xx

Replies

• katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    THANKS!!! THAT IS MY GOAL!!!!! I'M FOCUSED! LETS WHOOP IT UP!
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    WHOOP WHOOP!!!!! :laugh:
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Love this challenge! It will be sure to keep me motivated all week! Started off with a 501 calorie burn today doing a weight lifting/cardio routine! Would love to see a pound come off :)
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    Love this challenge! It will be sure to keep me motivated all week! Started off with a 501 calorie burn today doing a weight lifting/cardio routine! Would love to see a pound come off :)

Great way to kick start it!!!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    3500 a week...let's do this. I've never burned that many calories in a week before. I'm off to a good start. I completed JM workout 1 -30 minutes and JM cardio 1 - 30 minutes. A total of 60 minutes and burned a total of 660 calories. Thanks so much for the support and challenge.
  • DaringAdventure
    DaringAdventure Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Excellent goal!!!! I joined planet fitness last week and will being wearing my HRM all week this week. Thanks for the encouragement and accountability!!!
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    3500 a week...let's do this. I've never burned that many calories in a week before. I'm off to a good start. I completed JM workout 1 -30 minutes and JM cardio 1 - 30 minutes. A total of 60 minutes and burned a total of 660 calories. Thanks so much for the support and challenge.

Thankyou, and thanks for your support!!! Now i know I have some serious competition on my hands I need to do a killer workout this evening!! :)
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    Excellent goal!!!! I joined planet fitness last week and will being wearing my HRM all week this week. Thanks for the encouragement and accountability!!!

Welcome to Planet Fitness! Enjoy your stay :smile:
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Excellent goal! I'm already 266 calories on my way this morning!
  • hark15
    Options

You are well on your way - great job! Looks like you will be tough to keep up with :wink:
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Monday = 967 calories, done walking, workout on Kinect and C25K.
  • holley75
    holley75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Monday = 967 calories, done walking, workout on Kinect and C25K.

Nicely done
  • illroc
    illroc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just over 1000 today walking and playing with my kids.
  • Carani
    Carani Posts: 24
    Options
    I plan to take the bike to work today. That should help me make up for not exercising Monday.
    How do we count weeks by the way, starting on July 1st or on Monday?
  • gmoneylemus
    Options
    1700 today on the stair machine
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    I plan to take the bike to work today. That should help me make up for not exercising Monday.
    How do we count weeks by the way, starting on July 1st or on Monday?

I think Monday to Sunday :)
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    1700 today on the stair machine

Nice work!
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    Just over 1000 today walking and playing with my kids.

Great job!
  • hark15
    Options
    Burned a little over 400 today on a run. So far I have 919 cals burned for the week. Better get moving these next 5 days to meet the goal! 2581 to go!!
  • Msmonique1982
    Msmonique1982 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    1020 cal for 90 min on the Elliptical