Challenge Suggestions

Options
lottieloves85
lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
Hey guys

As there's so many of us now I thought I'd dedicate a topic board where we can suggest challenges - either daily or weekly ones. The most popular 'big' ones will be chosen as weeklies, and smaller ones as the dailies.

Lottie x

Replies

• devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'd like to suggest a sleep challenge, like get at least 7 hours of sleep each night for the week (8 is recommended). One of the important factors in losing weight is to get enough sleep.

Most people I know who have trouble with weight do not get enough sleep, as they spend hours and hours at night online. They tend to say they stay online til the wee hours because they can't fall asleep (I was one of those people) but studies have proved that the stimulation of the screen and whatever people are doing online keeps their brain overactive. My sleep doctor suggested shutting down the computer (& tv) an hour before the desired bed time, getting ready for bed, and then reading (paper based, not eReaders) for 1/2 hour before lights out, avoiding conversations, planning and things that make you think hard. It actually does work!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i always like a push up challenge. try to do 50 in a week, or something like that. that way us weaklings can do one here and there to try and make it!
  • lottieloves85
    lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions ladies, keep them coming! :)
  • JosieV1973
    JosieV1973 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I have a challenge suggestion.........not sure how everyone will feel about it, but it doesnt hurt to share. Every morning when I get up, I thank the Lord for another day of life, then I pray that reading His Word, (Bible or Devotion), will sustain me rather than stuffing my face with empty calories.........and the biggest part of the challenge is to do a 24hr fast once a month. We can do it! I know, cause I have done it........and we all know that if Christ could do it for 40 days/40 nights, we surley can for 1 whole day!!! Just have lots and lots of water all day, maybe put a lil lemon in it, or just some kind of liquid??? Anyways.....just a suggestion. :) I pick a Wed. or Thrusday..........let me know if anyone is game.
  • RealSouthpaw
    Options
    I have problem with this one so I suggest that even for one day we should try to meet our protein goal because proteins are needed to lose weight and it's needed for many other things too. Like gainin more strength and improving your brain’s feeling of food satisfaction. (Here is more info about proteins and weight loss if someones interested to read http://www.wellnessresources.com/tips/articles/how_protein_helps_weight_loss/ )

Instead of eating white bread we could go with rye bread and eat meat, eggs, fishes... whatever you like. When searching I found this list of high-protein foods which may be helpful when planning what to eat.
    http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/highproteinfood.htm
  • SRitzy
    SRitzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like the "BLT" challenge. This challenge is great for people stuck on a certain weight, or for those that say they don't understand why they cannot lose weight, or are unable to work out for a week or so. For one week you have to record every "Bite, Lick, & Taste" (BLT) you put in your mouth. Not an easy task if you do most of the cooking and cleaning up after a meal. I did this for a week when I was dieting years ago. I was amazed how fast the BLTs add up. If you are not sure how much a bite or lick is, just put it down as 10-25 calories. More if it is a high calorie food. This was a fun challenge for me. I was on a plateau at the time. This helped me jump start me weight lose again.