July Goals

Options
HildeDanmark
HildeDanmark Posts: 65 Member
I thought I would start a new topic on this.

My goals for July are:

- To be down to 164.5ish. I'm in a Labor Day challenge with my fiance and on here to be down to 160 by then. He's got to be down to 123 kg ( 271 lb). He's between 6'6" and 6'7", I'm 5'6".

- To cut the Mountain Dew out for the sake of my teeth, health, and because they don't sell the stuff in Denmark.

- To stop buying snack foods and eat out way less often. These are my big calorie sinks.

- To only weigh myself twice a week.

- To make sure I get in an hour of activity everyday, whether it is a combo of exercise and cleaning or whatever else is fine.

What are yours?

Replies

• wojewok
    wojewok Posts: 38
    Options
    My goals are:

To lose 5 pounds, been on holiday recently so need to switch from not gaining back to losing

Only weigh one time per week to stop me getting obsessed!

Max one can of diet soda per day

Attend all my 4 week bootcamp sessions apart from the 2 I know I definitely can't make

I could think of more but i think 4 is probably enough to focus on!
  • melodiac1
    melodiac1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My goals for the month of July (since I just started on my weight loss journey) are as follows:

-going to bed earlier (I am a real night owl but hate getting up in the mornings)

-exercising for 10 minutes i'm the morning.

-exercising for at least 4 hours a week.

-don't eat out at all on the week days.

I know there is more stuff I should do but hopefully this will help me get on track
  • funky_stripes
    funky_stripes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would like to get back down to 150 by the end of the month,
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My second dress fitting (for which I'd like to be at the weight I'll be when I get married) is August 11th. My July goal is to wean myself off the salt licks (i.e., I have been following a way-too-high-sodium diet for the last few weeks and have bloated accordingly) and explore the farmer's markets instead.

I'd like to drop to 125 by fitting time. Exercise-wise, I want to incorporate more weights/strength stuff into my workouts and get back into Lindy hop enough to get some choreo sketched out for first dance :). We had our first class since January last week. Dancing is such great bonding time for us.
  • Libby0891
    Libby0891 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Here are my July goals:

Diet goals:
    Cut back on carbs (I eat too much bread, rice, pasta, etc.)
    Eat more protein

Fitness goals:
    Run/walk 50 miles (I'm not counting the regular walking I do each day while commuting. I have logged 5 miles so far.)
    Lift weights twice a week

It's hard to get motivated in this heat, but I'm going to do my best!
  • FordGal40
    FordGal40 Posts: 58
    Options
    My July Goals:

-Complete Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred (I just did Day 2 of Level 1!)
    -Incorporate more fruit & vegetables into my diet
    -More water (I was at 10 glasses a day for a while but that has fallen...)
    -Giving in to the peer pressure (I am really the only one of my friends & family that is trying to diet right now)

I have my first dress fitting on August 9th, so I'm hoping that it will fit BEAUTIFULLY by then if I stick to my goals!
  • jessicawrites
    Options
    I went shopping yesterday night--omg SO MUCH FRUIT!! I now have cherries, peaches, nectarines, blueberries, raspberries, key limes, mango, strawberries, and apricots in my fridge (obsessed with fruit? me? never). Forget ice cream, yo. Fruit salad all the way home.
  • jessicawrites
    Options
    Oh, and grapes. And pluots.

...I might have gone a little overboard. But it's summer! Fruit!!
  • HildeDanmark
    HildeDanmark Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm doing kind of bad with some of my goals. Whoops! I'm down to Mountain Dew every third day and not drinking enough water and exercising.

Grrrr. My fiance can eat like 2600 a day and still lose 3 to 4 pounds a week. How ridiculous is that!
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    My goal is to get to 150 lbs by my bday 8 08. Thats 7 lbs away so it is possible. I want to get to level two in killer buns and thigjs, and start c25k.
  • FordGal40
    FordGal40 Posts: 58
    Options
    We're just about 1/2 way through July! Stick with your goals ladies, we can do it!