GASTRIC SLEEVE QUESTION!

Options
Hello everyone :)
Tomorrow I make one month out that I had my Gastric Sleeve and I've lost a total of 26 pounds, but I noticed that two days ago I had lost an extra two pounds and today when i went to the weight in at my doctors office I had gained the two pounds back. Is this normal? Do you guys think it has something to do with the fact that i'm in my menstrual cycle?? Please help, I'm freaking out & so far I've done everything like I should!!

Replies

• cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    Oh hell yah!! My weight still bounces around several pounds around my cycle. You're still going to retain water. Drink as much water as you can to help; when you're drinking enough, your body will retain less. Ofcourse, drinking enough is tough with the sleeve. Don't panic. This will happen every month.
  • Nellyxoh
    Nellyxoh Posts: 12
    Options
    at @cbferriss Thank you so much! I'm going to start doing a little bit more of cardio to see if that helps with the water ! & btw, you look amazing!!! I hope I will get there someday!! I'll be happy to have lost half of what you have :)
  • yadayadayada77
    Options
    I will be a month out, soon also, and have hit the dreaded 3 week stall. I have lost 30 since the start of my preop, but have not lost a pound in two weeks. I still havent gotten my period since the surgery, but the doctor told me to expect this. I wouldn't worry too much about the two pounds - I have gained and lost the same pound a couple of times and there is no explanation for it - especially since I am basically eating the same things day in and day out! The dr said following this stall we should be in our honeymoon phase where the weight will fall off for up to three months (assuming we follow the healthy eating guidelines and exercise). My main issue to date has been staying off the scale every day (sometimes a couple times a day) and actually realizing when I am full! Feel free to add me - we can support eachother in our journey!!
    Kelli
  • Nellyxoh
    Nellyxoh Posts: 12
    Options
    I will be a month out, soon also, and have hit the dreaded 3 week stall. I have lost 30 since the start of my preop, but have not lost a pound in two weeks. I still havent gotten my period since the surgery, but the doctor told me to expect this. I wouldn't worry too much about the two pounds - I have gained and lost the same pound a couple of times and there is no explanation for it - especially since I am basically eating the same things day in and day out! The dr said following this stall we should be in our honeymoon phase where the weight will fall off for up to three months (assuming we follow the healthy eating guidelines and exercise). My main issue to date has been staying off the scale every day (sometimes a couple times a day) and actually realizing when I am full! Feel free to add me - we can support eachother in our journey!!
    Kelli

I sent you a request already! Don't worry i also reached the stall and only lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks :( but it's my 4th week already so i'm hoping to pick back up!!
  • phatdivabbw
    phatdivabbw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I hate stalls! I'm 6 weeks post-op and in a stall this week.
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I only allow myself to weigh every couple of weeks because of this....stalling thing! I get too wrapped around the stall and don't look back at what I have achieved. Hang in there --- you will get it! :)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    shoot I am 10 months out - never really had a stall per say - until NOW!! But I do notice inches and reshaping of my body!
  • itsanewdaycassandra
    itsanewdaycassandra Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    this sounds like water weight. I bet you will drop 4+ when aunt flow is out of the pic. This happens to me all the time, no pressure just stick to the plan.