Good Afternoon, New here but want to give back!

Options
I wanted to introduce myself, I had my sleeve back on May 29th, there was actually 5 of us on my friends list that had it the same day. While I have found MFP to be the best tool ever, I felt guilty about not going to the other sites to give back to the new sleevers. So it was recommended I join here and give back here. I know that leading up to my surgery it was important in my recovery to surround myself not only with family but folks who had been through the process or was going through the process. I started this Journey at just over 3 months ago at 404 hence the name, and I am down 88 lbs as of today. I visited other sites with VSG forums but left due to negativity, if you are looking for a positive influence and positive support then feel free to add me. I will try to get on here and participate often.

Replies

• shugaplum71
    Options
    You rock, and are such a fantastic inspiration!!!! Thank you.
  • sarahjayne823
    sarahjayne823 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You are giving back everyday as an inspiration to me!! Keep it up!
  • donsdee
    donsdee Posts: 8
    Options
    Allen you are such an inspiration!!!! Did not know this forum was here since I usually use my iphone for MFP logging. I so look forward to checking for your words of wisdom each morning!!!! Keep on doing what you are doing and the results I know will be amazing.

To others..............take him up on being a support. He is going to do great things!!!!!
  • misspatrice562
    misspatrice562 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congrats Allen. You are doing wonderful! But a lot of people keep mentioning these "other" sites. What sites?? lol . . . I have only been on a few mostly before surgery and right after. But don't feel guilty for not "giving back". I think MFP is a great place to be. And part of the reason we all had the procedure is to be healthier and LIVE life. You can only dedicate so much time to posting on a gazillion sites anyway. I personally don't know how people literally are on TEN plus sites posting, commenting, updating, etc. I'd go crazy. You can only do so much and you are definitely inspiring and spreading positive motivation and encouragement here so that's enough to be proud of!

Keep up the good work. :)
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far!

I agree with you that this forum is a much more positive place than others. I would love to see more posts here!
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC!!!! Keep up the great work and we can all be here for each other!
  • itsanewdaycassandra
    itsanewdaycassandra Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Allan thank you for the support! I look forward to getting to know you and I hope we can support each other all the way to goal!
  • ky_girl_34
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! A week from today my surgery will be finished, and I'll be recovering. Excited, but nervous. I look forward to your thoughts on different things!