2013 Regionals--jumping ahead.

Options
kvissy
kvissy Posts: 205 Member
So I spoke w/ a fellow CF-er (actually a girl that got me interested in it the first place) and we got into the conversation about how she is preparing now to get herself ready for next year's games. Diet is in tact as is working on form, technique, etc.

After speaking w/ her I decided that I want to go that route as well! Sure I only started in last November but I've advanced at a pretty quick rate and I know that if I kept my diet in check and focused on my form (to prevent injury and to be as efficient as possible) I probably have a decent shot!

When I go to my box tonight I'm going to tell my guys that they need to watch me like a hawk where technique is concerned because I want this perfected ASAP!

Anyone else have these goals or tried for the 2012 games? Any pointers? tips? anything?

Happy Friday! =)

Replies

• rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I tried the games workouts this year but wasn't registered. Seeing how much progress I've made in 6 months though, I think I will do pretty decently next year in the open. I should be doing almost everything RX'd by next March though. One of my coaches was training for regionals this year, she had a coach do all of her programming. She focused mostly on strength because she's an endurance athlete and had the cardio stuff pretty much on lockdown.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    my goal is to actually make it to regional this year! I also am working on the lifts that i'm not awesome at yet and doing things like toes-to-bar better/faster/longer.

My diet is good its just the lifts that i'm not 100% RXed yet...

I'm also involved in my box's local competitions and am doing my very first one tomorrow (so excited!)
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Heck even just getting to be ranked is kinda fun...I'd really like to do the Festivus games since I know that I'd be competitive at that for sure (okay, I at least feel I'd be decently competitive).....
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    most definitely going to go for it again. Maybe this year i'll finally make it to regionals! :)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I know my limitations... hell, I'm in the same region as Camille Leblanc Bazinet and Michele Letendre. There are some superhuman crossfitters up here in Canadia, cos lets face it... 9 months out of the year it's snowing :wink: :laugh:

Give me 5 years and I'll sign up as a master.
  • kvissy
    Options
    my goal is to actually make it to regional this year! I also am working on the lifts that i'm not awesome at yet and doing things like toes-to-bar better/faster/longer.

My diet is good its just the lifts that i'm not 100% RXed yet...

I'm also involved in my box's local competitions and am doing my very first one tomorrow (so excited!)

How'd you competition go? My first local competition is 7/14...I'm so pumped!
  • kvissy
    Options
    I tried the games workouts this year but wasn't registered. Seeing how much progress I've made in 6 months though, I think I will do pretty decently next year in the open. I should be doing almost everything RX'd by next March though. One of my coaches was training for regionals this year, she had a coach do all of her programming. She focused mostly on strength because she's an endurance athlete and had the cardio stuff pretty much on lockdown.

That's a great goal to be rx-ing most of your workouts...I'm at the point where I rx maybe 3 times a week...I know my weaknesses and am definitely going to concentrate on them in the oncoming weeks!
  • kvissy
    Options
    Heck even just getting to be ranked is kinda fun...I'd really like to do the Festivus games since I know that I'd be competitive at that for sure (okay, I at least feel I'd be decently competitive).....

My box is hosting the Festivus so I'm definitely going to do that! Should be exciting to be ranked against other CF-ers!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options

My box is hosting the Festivus so I'm definitely going to do that! Should be exciting to be ranked against other CF-ers!

I'm jealous! The closest Festivus seems to be in Baltimore so I might have to make the trip up to there if I decide to do it...I really wish a closer box would host!