Working out at home for free

Options
gg129
gg129 Posts: 15 Member
Since it is really getting to hot to spend long periods of time outside now, does anyone have any recommendations for things I can do around the house as exercise preferably something that can be done in the one air conditioned room in the house?

I've been looking online for free videos online, anyone have suggestions for this?

Replies

• holley75
    holley75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Since it is really getting to hot to spend long periods of time outside now, does anyone have any recommendations for things I can do around the house as exercise preferably something that can be done in the one air conditioned room in the house?

I've been looking online for free videos online, anyone have suggestions for this?

I use Leslie Sansone Videos on Youtube. She has a 12 minute mile that I walk with. I actually use my iphone to watch her and then watch regular TV so it doens't feel like that hard of a work out but i work up a sweat in no time. The video series is called Walk at Home
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Does your local library lend out dvds? Our library has a huge collection of exercise dvds. You might want to check them out. Otherwise there are tons of exercise videos on YouTube.

I generally get up early enough that I can get a walk in outside before the heat of the day gets too bad, then do exercise indoors later, and then after the sun goes down I go out for another walk. It's not necessarily cooler, but without the sun it feels that way.
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    You Tube has lots of exercise videos, the 30 day shred is on there.

Do you have a Wii or an Xbox with Kinect?
  • marinesweetheart
    marinesweetheart Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this info!! I had never even thought about looking in youtube for these videos.
  • gg129
    Options
    You Tube has lots of exercise videos, the 30 day shred is on there.

Do you have a Wii or an Xbox with Kinect?

I don't have a Wii or Xbox.

I didn't realize the 30 day shred is on there I will definitely check that out.

The library by me has 3 or 4 work out videos that are barely there or require some piece of equipment that I do not own.

Thank you everyone else for the ideas!
  • loveskinny27
    loveskinny27 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have stared using a lot of workouts at Home as the weather here is too wet!! i get them all from Youtube I have a TIVO box so it has a youtube app., its great as before i was having to do it from my laptop!!

If you want do 30 day shred level 1 search 30Ds and its the first vid to come up level 2 & 3 are on ther as as well. All you will need is a set of dumbells - or alternatively before i bought mine i used you use filled water bottles - or you can use cans of beans or anything really.

another i like to do is- bootcamp calorie burn just simply search this and it will come up.

I subscribe to the befit chanel and it has lots & lots of videos on there.

good luck :)
  • Carani
    Carani Posts: 24
    Options
    What would be a good weight to start out with? I mean, dumbell-wise...
    I'm beginner-level, only lifting I ever do is a 35 lb toddler ;)
  • gg129
    Options
    What would be a good weight to start out with? I mean, dumbell-wise...
    I'm beginner-level, only lifting I ever do is a 35 lb toddler ;)
    I got a couple of 4 pound dumbbells just as resistance, once they get to easy I hold them in the same hand and eventually will move up to a heaver weight(I need to be more constant to get to the last part).
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    I didn't know all those videos were on you tube. I will have to check it out. Another you can find workout videos is netflix. They have a 50 minute solutions boot camp video that i like. They also have belly dancing, yoga, and pilates but i haven't tried those yet.
  • lottieloves85
    lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I didn't know all those videos were on you tube. I will have to check it out. Another you can find workout videos is netflix. They have a 50 minute solutions boot camp video that i like. They also have belly dancing, yoga, and pilates but i haven't tried those yet.

YouTube is great! I don't have netflix, but I do have LoveFilm so I'm going to see if they have any on there! I'd love to give bellydancing a go! x
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    *Bump*
  • ccampbell1940
    Options
    I bought the Biggest Loser Power walk DVD on half.com for $4.00 (included shipping). There are 4 walks but I'm only on the 1st one which lasts 16 minutes and walks you a mile. I do this in my bedroom 3 x's and week. There are "fatties" on the video which helps motivate me a lot! LOL:laugh: