Does anyone on here identify as a Stud/Butch/AG/Dom Lesbian?

Options
kerbear48185
kerbear48185 Posts: 35 Member
Let's get together and support each other in getting healthy and getting our swagger back! What's your motivation? A special lady, a sport you like to play, a desire to start a family?

I'm also looking to learn more about what's going on out there in other cities for the Lesbian Stud culture. What music are you listening to? Where are you shopping for your clothes? Are you a sneakerhead? What do you like to read? What are your other hobbies? What channels are you watching on youtube? Who do you follow on Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook? Answer any or all of the questions above at your leisure.

And feel free to add me if you wanna!

Replies

• narrington77
    narrington77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    my motivation is my pookie... i want to always look amazing on her arm... i live in tampa, fl, and we have a big community here.. i'm not sure what i would "identify" with.. maybe u can help with that :)... she's my first lesbian relationship... and the love of my life :)
  • nay_nay11
    nay_nay11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well right now my goals are for me i was engaged to a person who was obsessed with me losing weight so now im doing it for me. I am in college and I am going to be a teacher so by the time I graduate I was to have met my weight loss goal. Music... i am all over the place I love soca, reggae, bachata, everything my pandora is super diverse. Well im a big girl so lane bryant is my friend, torrid, ashley stewart, sometimes ill go thrifting... i get a lil everywhere. I love toms and keds I dont if im a sneakerhead I am more of a purse junkie.On YT i watch sarcazz, Milesjae, Chixnsoop,MTR06 ( hes a transguy and my brotha from anotha mother) um so many i watch YT more than tv. lol On twitter i only follow positive people Oprah, Dr. phil TD Jakes no garbage on their... thats just too much. So yuh Ill ask you the same questions. :) have a great weekend.
  • narrington77
    Options
    Well right now my goals are for me i was engaged to a person who was obsessed with me losing weight so now im doing it for me. I am in college and I am going to be a teacher so by the time I graduate I was to have met my weight loss goal. Music... i am all over the place I love soca, reggae, bachata, everything my pandora is super diverse. Well im a big girl so lane bryant is my friend, torrid, ashley stewart, sometimes ill go thrifting... i get a lil everywhere. I love toms and keds I dont if im a sneakerhead I am more of a purse junkie.On YT i watch sarcazz, Milesjae, Chixnsoop,MTR06 ( hes a transguy and my brotha from anotha mother) um so many i watch YT more than tv. lol On twitter i only follow positive people Oprah, Dr. phil TD Jakes no garbage on their... thats just too much. So yuh Ill ask you the same questions. :) have a great weekend.

nay nay - so funny, some of my friends call me that.. my first name is Naiomy
  • kerbear48185
    Options
    my motivation is my pookie... i want to always look amazing on her arm... i live in tampa, fl, and we have a big community here.. i'm not sure what i would "identify" with.. maybe u can help with that :)... she's my first lesbian relationship... and the love of my life :)

That's awesome...you guys look super happy in all your pics! As far as what you identify with, it's all inside your heart. It's all about what you feel most comfortable in...and it's not limited to anyone elses interpretation. I personally identify as a Stud because I'm more of a tomboy and prefer sneakers, hoodies, and t-shirts over dresses and heels ANYDAY. I like things that mainstream society would more often associate with "boys". However, I'm super-comfy in my skin as a woman and am not pursuing a transition (or sex change). Also, I am the pursuer in my relationships and am attracted to more feminine women (those who like the heels and make-up, etc.). It just comes naturally to me to be the more aggressive personality. **Kanye Shrug** I'm just doing me!
  • kerbear48185
    Options

Ok I'm with you on watching YT more than regular TV. Just like I listen to Pandora waaaaayyy more than traditional radio. I'm going to have to try some of those channels you've got up there. I like the positivity on Twitter too. Have you ever looked at Daniel "Boobie" Gibson's twitter page (Keyshia Cole's husband)? He has VERY positive tweets all the time. One of my fav's.
  • VPShannon
    VPShannon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What's your motivation? Well my motivation is to get back to the way I use to be in college. Having this extra weight has not been fun and I have finally decided to make a change one day at a time.

I currently live in the Dallas, TX area. It is very cool for the LGBT community. We have an area in Oak Lawn that is a whole strip of clubs, resturants, shops, etc. that is very gay friendly. The Stud culture is pretty cool as well. I have my frat here and we tend to have alot of fun togather.

Music: As far as music I tend to listen to a variety and change it up from time to time.
    Clothes: I tend to shop at certain places for work (Macy, JCP, Sears) but after work hours I"m at K&G, Burrlington, etc.
    Reading: I tend to read a lot of business books. "Good to Great", "Great by Choice",''The money class", "Winning: The Ultimate Business Book", "I've landed my dream job now what"
    Hobbies: Playing my Xbox, Home browesing, "use to be sports but can't stand to watch because I'm not in shape to play", playing the drums and bass guitar
    Youtube: I love Chixnsoup
    Twittier: My frat, and weightloss people
  • kerbear48185
    Options
    I think you guys might like some of the following youtube channels:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BetweenWomenTV

http://www.youtube.com/user/StudzLife101

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFuryTV

http://www.youtube.com/user/DivaSlimsDown

Some for fun, some for health. Enjoy!
  • FormerSuperHero
    FormerSuperHero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My goals is to better myself and to believe in myself more, in the Scottish gay scene there is alot of very strong personalities and they identify in differing groups from the sporty to the lipstick the *kitten* to the femmes
    Personally I would put myself in the lipstick, heel wearing but wanna be sporty range.
    It's a great community but very diluted as everyone on the scene seems to know or have known someone in the area and newbies are treated so.

I'm listening to what I always have , ani difranco, missy Higgins, Joni Mitchell ect ( or are my flatmate calls it moody lezzers with PMS tunes)

Nick Hornby is what I'm reading

And clothing .... It's coming into summer ( or so they say) I want to be wearing more girlie gear but I'm stuck in jeans as hoodies
  • narrington77
    Options

That's awesome...you guys look super happy in all your pics! As far as what you identify with, it's all inside your heart. It's all about what you feel most comfortable in...and it's not limited to anyone elses interpretation. I personally identify as a Stud because I'm more of a tomboy and prefer sneakers, hoodies, and t-shirts over dresses and heels ANYDAY. I like things that mainstream society would more often associate with "boys". However, I'm super-comfy in my skin as a woman and am not pursuing a transition (or sex change). Also, I am the pursuer in my relationships and am attracted to more feminine women (those who like the heels and make-up, etc.). It just comes naturally to me to be the more aggressive personality. **Kanye Shrug** I'm just doing me!

Lol true... Then my girl is def a stud and like u she's totally good with herself.. Just likes to wear the sneakers and all that.. Me on the other hand am all girl... Heels dresses and all that... Lol

She makes me so happy.. Definately my motivation for sure... Whenever I get dressed up and walk out of the room and her eyes get all big and she can't stop telling me how beautiful I look is all the reward I need :)
  • Hightower2012
    Options
    Hey KerBear! Thanks for opening up this discussion board. My partner labels me as a 'stem' and she is mostly closely associated with stud/butch characteristics. We live 20 min from New Orleans and are looking to get married in the future. We both are working on slimming down and I was recommended this website. I have only been a member for about 2 weeks and throughly enjoy it. My motivation for losing weight is 1) So I can fit my clothes better and 2) to improve me health. Thanks for the websites of fun!
  • TWASH02
    TWASH02 Posts: 3
    Options
    Well, I if I had to place a label on myself it would have to be a soft stud... Or what I've been referred to as being is a STEM (stud with femme tendencies). Lol. I love boy clothes. They are comfortable, but if I felt like I would be attractive in girl clothing, then I would try to wear them a little more... But not too much. Lol. I am a police officer so there's definitely an aggressive nature about me, but I never let that aggression fool me into thinking that I'm a man or as strong as one. I am a lesbian, strong and independent. I am attracted to women... Mainly femmes but I try to be open-minded because in my line if work you see all types of stuff and you can't knock it til you've tried it. LIVE & LET LIVE. Who am I to judge.
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't care for labels, but I guess I don't mind when I'm referred to as butch, stud, etc. I frequently get called "Sir" or "Mr." and I'm cool with that too and will only correct people if I'm in the mood. Sometimes it's fun to mess with people's heads lol. I don't want a sex change or anything like that. I enjoy being a woman with dom/agg tendencies and I've always been attracted to very femme women.

My motivation is my beautiful wife and our kids. We were married in Iowa a few years ago and I want to stay healthy so I can enjoy my family for as long as I can.

I am a high school English teacher, so I am always reading fiction and non-fiction in and out of the classroom. I watch a lot of independent films, theater, and attend poetry readings, etc. I'm not much of a TV watcher though.

Chicago has an awesome lgbt community and we are getting ready to celebrate Pride this month! Our Pride parade is always the best :)

I'm new to mfp- so I'm always looking for new pals for support, chit chat, or whatever-
  • ArmyBound2012
    Options
    Jambo! I am a 33 year old lesbian and I am not really into labels. But, if I had to call myself something it would be a stud. I am from Dallas, TX. Right now the major reason for me wanting to lose weight is to join the Army. The cut off age is 35 so Im really trying to get on it. I do have a special lady who is supportive and helps me with eating healthy by cooking light meals.

The music I listen to is a very diverse mixture. I jam anything from Reggae to Rock, Rap to Neo Soul, Jazz to Blues. I'm not a big clothes shopper...I hate crowded stores and malls. My girl is somewhat in charge of that more so than I am. Im more of an online shopper. I am a bit of a sneakerhead. Right now I am reading The Alchemist (for the 3rd time). When my girl and I are laying in bed we read about Tao and the female body. It really makes for interesting pillow talk. Other things that I enjoy doing are spoken word, shooting pool, exercising, fishing, softball, riding through small cities outside of Dallas with my lady on the weekends, and Ranger games! The channels that I watch on youtube are: Betweenwomentv, installationmgt, snapjudgment, youaudiobook. I don't use Twitter or Tumblr. Not big on Facebook...Im on there a couple of times a month. I prefer texting!

I would like to find some friends in the area who are serious about losing weight or trying to join the army as well. Save me as a friend... HOOAH!!
  • borpy
    borpy Posts: 38
    Options
    This is such an awesome idea, my wife was getting discouraged with not seeing any other butch womyn, she will be so happy for a butch support group!
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hah, okay, I did not know what a stem was, but I might be that. It is also possible I am a sneakerhead, oh my. Been out of the world of labels for a while, I guess...
  • kerr218
    kerr218 Posts: 7
    Options
    Count me in as a sneakerhead! I've got 27 pairs (and counting!) of Nikes. My friends joke that they think I am more attracted to sneakers than I am to actual people haha. I'm trying to get into better shape than I was in high school when I played 6 different sports. I'm playing rugby at my university now and definitely want to get in better shape for that so we can hopefully move up a division, no one wants to be the weak link lol. Getting into better shape I think will definitely help with my confidence. i know I have swag but making other people see it is my problem! As far as the lesbian community goes here though, it's almost nonexistent. North Dakota is stuck in the 1900's I think sometimes. Feel free to add me!
  • monkeyjmonkerson
    Options
    This is awesome! Yep, identifying here :wink:

Lost my way over the last 4 years with some health issues and sidelined by old and new injuries. (car accident, rugby, long distance running)

packed on the weight and missing being able to see the muscle underneath!!

Happily married to my amazingly beautiful, super-smart wife for 2 years and we're doing this together to start our family! :heart:
    Work with disabled youth, back to school for psychology.

Any ideas for someone working 12 hour shifts with school and volunteering on top, very welcome!
    I know, plan, plan ahead.

Nice to see you all!
  • monkeyjmonkerson
    Options
    I can relate to the clothes thing! lol

my wife helps me with that too/yells at me to try everything on and to stop eye-balling it.
  • MellowCee
    MellowCee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    love...love...love between women and also lip service
  • MsMarlaMae
    MsMarlaMae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I identify as femme, my girlfriend is all butch all the time. Nom Nom!! Love my sexy butch. We are in the central TX area.

We have both lost a considerable amount of weight before we met each other (60 for her, 70 for me), we continue to encourage each other constantly to stay on the band wagon, and support each other when we fall off ;)

We shop in very different stores, obviously. I'm a huge fan of Lucky 13 brand, a good pair of levis, a short skirt and some sky high heels. She's a fan of big. black. boots over sneakers. (Anyone seen Ivan's to the Beautiful Fierce Femmes reading? link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q7IzwUa_kI )

We are avid readers, dog lovers (we have 2), and music lovers. I don't watch any channels on youtube, and I follow Dear Butch, and Butch Sightings on Twitter.