shorter people taking pictures with you

Options
I manage a restaurant and at least 1 or 2 times week people want to take their picture with me because of my height, does this happen to anyone else

Replies

• MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    No. that's a bit weird.

The restaurant isn't in a Willy Wonka or Wizard of Oz theme park is it? :wink:
  • sixfootaliw
    Options
    This has only happened to me when I was in China. I was doing the tourist thing wandering around in Tian An Men Square in Beijing when I realised that there was a bunch of locals standing beside me and taking pictures of each other!

I saw the funny side though, especially as a blonde lady in our party was also getting the same treatment because of her light-coloured hair!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Asian tourists at Disneyland when I was a teenager. They didn't ask, they just pointed at me, then stood in front of me and waved at the camera like I was a character at the park or something.
  • erikapereira
    erikapereira Posts: 196
    Options
    Asian tourists at Disneyland when I was a teenager. They didn't ask, they just pointed at me, then stood in front of me and waved at the camera like I was a character at the park or something.
    omg you make me laugh.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    hahaha! NO! However, men in particular don't like taking pictures with me when I am taller than them. They always seem to find correct posture the minute they stand next to me.
  • dangrog
    dangrog Posts: 5
    Options
    foreigners are fascinated with tall - we lived in hawaii and Japanese people always were gawking and pointing and taking my picture. even stranger - they love taking pictures of my kids - both are blonde with blue eyes and they LOVE that. it's so strange to have someone ask (or just take) a photo of your babies.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    No, that's odd lol I laughed when I saw the topic though...last week I was in a team meeting, there are four other women on the team, all on the shorter side....One of them said that we need to get a photo of our team for the newsletter. Without skipping a beat I said "That in not gonna happen, I don't take pictures with short people" Needless to say I got a faw gasps lol I was just being honet, I hate taking pictures with short people!
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I went to China when I was 12 and 6ft, EVERYONE wanted photos with me :/
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Never had anyone search me out for photos because of my height, but I have on innumerable occasions been told to "shrink down" so I would be in the picture. :grumble: Not my fault they didn't eat their wheaties! lol
  • 1DayMarathonRnner
    1DayMarathonRnner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Never had anyone seek me out to take my photo because of my height. But I teach 4th graders so I always end up sitting down or bending over to take pictures with them.
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Never had anyone search me out for photos because of my height, but I have on innumerable occasions been told to "shrink down" so I would be in the picture. :grumble: Not my fault they didn't eat their wheaties! lol

I hate it when they expect me to crouch down cause that just makes me look bad in the pic
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I manage a restaurant and at least 1 or 2 times week people want to take their picture with me because of my height, does this happen to anyone else

HOW TALL ARE YOU?? Im 5'10 never happened to me
  • Sarah_Kendrick2017
    Sarah_Kendrick2017 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0" and I have never had that happen to me. Most of the time when I take pictures with my friends and family we all laugh cause of where they come to on me. I love being tall because I carry my weight so well compared to someone shorter. My only downfall are my legs are so long and I have to special order my jeans. There is no place I have found in the store that they are long enough. Drives me crazy!
  • drgoodtimes
    Options
    Hahaha that's really funny. I'm 6 feet and that's never happened to me. Just people asking for help reaching things or if I play basketball. I too hate having to crouch down in a photo with shorter people. We should be proud of our height and stand tall! ;)
  • mrskatie80
    mrskatie80 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    OMG! Just joined this group and can relate to so much of it!!
    Used to do frequent business trips to China and on one memorable occasion had one of our suppliers send an email to my husband back in Australia saying 'hi, we pick up your wife from the airport and she is so high!'
    Meaning tall, not stoned..... -.-

Also got told I was like a 'big white giant'.
    Yeah, because that's every girls dream ;)
    Lol! But I just laughed it off. What else can you do?!

I often ask my short friends when they're planning on growing up.
    I hate bobbing down for photos - makes me feel so awkward!
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    This has only happened to me when I was in China. I was doing the tourist thing wandering around in Tian An Men Square in Beijing when I realised that there was a bunch of locals standing beside me and taking pictures of each other!

I saw the funny side though, especially as a blonde lady in our party was also getting the same treatment because of her light-coloured hair!

The same thing happened to me! Yep, me and the blondes were very popular! Some would ask for a picture with me and some would stand near me and have their friends snap away!
  • alemiszki
    alemiszki Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm 6ft 7" and yes this has happened to me. I also USED to get the "What WNBA team do you play for?" - although now being so overweight nobody thinks to ask that one anymore. One of my closest friends (actually the girl in my profile picture with me) has dreadlocks and someone came up to us once asking us both to take pictures so they could post them on facebook. Sometimes I just stay home, lol.