Hello

Options
Hello
Everyone! I’m looking for support & motivation. I’ve been seriously working out and eating healthy for 2 weeks. I’ve also been natural for 4 years and on some days I consider perming my hair again. I need tips and suggestions. I’m ready for a new me...

Replies

• TempleCherish
    Options
    Hey Lady!

I was kinda in the same boat. I've been natural for 5 years and I was getting tired of the same ole things. I never considered relaxing again....BUT I did do another MASSIVE Big Chop! I love being natural all over again. Give it some thought; maybe try a new style or color.

Many Blessings!
  • NajahDaMuslimah
    Options
    Have been on meds for diabetes and high blood pressure for a few years now. Don't quite know if it's the medicines or stress from the pressures of life that has caused my hair to thin out really bad across the front and top, but are there any suggestions from anyone. I've been using Olive Oil shampoo on my hair. Any help by advice and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance.
  • SalubriousGyrl
    SalubriousGyrl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Have been on meds for diabetes and high blood pressure for a few years now. Don't quite know if it's the medicines or stress from the pressures of life that has caused my hair to thin out really bad across the front and top, but are there any suggestions from anyone. I've been using Olive Oil shampoo on my hair. Any help by advice and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance.

Are you natural or relaxed? @Temple great advice!
  • Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It's been a week since you posted that, but I hope you're still going strong!

I have never (in my adult life) relaxed my hair, but I'm biracial and have a more relaxed curl anyway. Nevertheless, I still struggle with breakage, split ends, dryness, and all of the lost time that goes with caring for our delicate but resilient hair.

Diet-wise, I recently transitioned to a Primal lifestyle (past couple months), and I strongly urge my fellow Afro-anything sisters (and brothers) to consider this approach to health and fitness. You have to read and educate yourself about it--see if it's right for you and something you can do--but I believe the rewards are many. I can't say whether it does anything for our hair, but like Shakira said, "Hips don't lie!"

Add me as a pal if you are interested in learning more about this way of living or even if you just need buddies on your health-oriented journey!