Gyms, Accountability/Workout buddies?

Options
Hi all! My name is Paige and I'm changing my lifestyle for the better. I've been tracking my nutrition and excercise for a couple weeks now, and started my official day one toward my weight loss goal (~70 lbs) yesterday. I joined the Planet Fitness in Melville (right off 110) the other week, and am looking for a workout buddy. I live in Lindenhurst, and am open to any excersise related activities in the area (I'd also be willing to drive ~20 mins if you wanna meet somewhere, like a jogging trail).

So, I was wondering what gyms people belong to, and if anyone else is looking for a workout buddy. If that isn't possible, I'm open to accountability buddies as well, where we can keep each other motivated, watch each others progress on this site and the like.

Any interest?

Replies

• amalthea23
    amalthea23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've used Wanda's in Moriches, but right now, I'm not a member anywhere. I'm on strike until planet fitness opens up near me, lol. It KILLS me that they're only $10 a month and everyone else is 3 times that at least. I'd definitely be interested in joining you for hikes and such, where exactly are you located? (I'm in mastic beach)
  • haatnip
    haatnip Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm in Lindenhurst. Also, I just came accross this, which I will be doing.

http://www.lima5krun.com/
  • arkane321
    arkane321 Posts: 8
    Options
    Co-worker of mine lives in Lindenhurst and he said there was a new gym that opened within the past month or so near there. I'll ask him the name and post it
  • Dsnyfrk921
    Dsnyfrk921 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    HI! I also live in Lindenhurst. There are so many gyms in town, why Melville? I heard that the gym in the Outback shopping center is very reasonable and quite nice. I just started my weight loss journey a week ago. I'm down 4lbs so far. Only 56 more to go :). I don't belong to a gym but like to walk. I also use my Xbox Kinect and DVD player for working out. I know it's extremely hot out now but, they built an outdoor gym at Venetian. I'd love to check that out when I'm more fit. I'm a pretty good cheerleader and motivator, keep in touch. Let me know how your journey is going.
  • yoliprdr
    yoliprdr Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey everyone I am new to this site and dieting. Pics will be up soon. I am looking for friends in Suffolk. My gym is in my living room. I dont believe in wasting money at gyms when 1. My kids hate going to the play area. 2. Hate the crowdedness. 3. Alot of times I just cant get there.

So I have my dumbells, mat, jump rope, yoga ball, and my Bob Harper Dvd's lol. (LOVE Bob Harper!!) So since I have been excercising for the past 2 weeks I decided to count my calories. No sense in working out and not making sure your eating the right things. lol. I was reading Women's Day yesterday and read an article of how this women had lost weight with the my fitness pal app... so i went and downloaded it last night and am not tracking everything I eat.

If anyone lives close to West Babylon and would ever want to work out at 6:45 am with me your more than welcome too...lol.