Day 5 - Write it down!

Options
Fattack
Fattack Posts: 666 Member
Just because you really crave something unhealthy, doesn't mean you have to have it there and then. Try writing down the name / description of the food and to anticipate the pleasure of eating it sometimes in the future. You can acknowledge the appealing quality of the food whilst not eating it - "This smells/looks good, but I'll eat it another day".

TASKS:
***Whenever you think about a particular food you want, write it down in a private notebook / MFP post / blog.
****Plan that you'll eat it another time. If you wish, add the amount you'll have and how often you'll fit it into your program
****Stretch the times further apart for eating this food. You may discover that after a while, certain foods don't seem as important to you as they once did.

There is no challenge for today specifically, but if you crave a food at the moment and are choosing to eat it another time, then post about it here!

Replies

• Oh_Cat
    Oh_Cat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ha, this came along about 10 minutes too late for me - just caved and ate a mini handful of Honey Hoops cereal :D

I didn't make my protein shake early enough and got really hungry and craved carbs so much... Couldn't resist. Logged them though - and I'll try the eat-in-future technique next time.
  • deisha
    deisha Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This is such a good idea. I don't tend to write it down but I do plan that on such a day I will have such a treat!
  • Carol_s
    Carol_s Posts: 73
    Options
    This post came that little bit too late for me today lol. I gave in to a small and I mean small slice of birthday cake earlier and wish now that I'd taken the decision to write it down. I did do a longer walk/jog than I had planned for today though to work it off!
  • kimannabella
    kimannabella Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You know something strange ladies? I have really been trying to be as healthy as I can with my food choices, a big change has been incorporating nuts, for instance I sprinkle almonds on my porridge, will have some walnut halves with my coffee, and have peanut butter on a rice cake as one of my two snacks. My lady time is due and I am not even craving carby things or chocolate.

Usually I would be all about toast. I will attribute this to being away for a month and doing a clear out after leaving no cooking sauces or even preserves in my cupboards to tempt me so I did a completely clean shop (minus any form off bread). I am so proud of myself.
  • knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Nice idea, will definitely try this.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! Will def try this one!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea but I mostly try to factor in my cravings. Anyone who sees my diary will notice I mostly have chocolate every day and wine at the weekends, all within calories even if not the cleanest diary.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I really wanted an ice cream lolly (one with the circular sprinkles and chocolate underneath - not sure what the name is, but they were called disco lolly in the shop). I didn't have it though - going to a Marvel movie marathon at a friend's this weekend, and it's the boyfriend's birthday on Sunday, and my sister is visiting on Monday-Thursday from England, so I doubt I'll be having that lolly anytime soon!