cutting horses

Nice to find horse people, Hi everyone, Im a 61 yr old cutting horse person, I've had horses all my life, And we all want to look
great on are horse, jeans that fit good, chaps, and riding pants, we know what it feels like when then don't.

Replies

• peachie98
    peachie98 Posts: 9
    Welcome! Definitely a good incentive to lose weight is how we look in the saddle (I hate pics of me riding! lol) and also it helps to remember how much better our horses will feel if they are carrying a little less weight around.
  • FeelingFroggy13
    FeelingFroggy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Since my mule was one of my main reasons for losing weight, I completely understand! I was suffering from *kitten* ooze...where your rear is oozing over the back of your saddle. I have been enjoying my weight loss progress photos...all photos of me in the saddle. It's better than a pair of jeans to gauge progress!

As far as riding cutting horses...I would love to ride one someday...or rather, I would like to cling to one and try to stay out of it's way as it does it's job. It must be an incredible feeling! It's such a beautiful dance.

Welcome to the group and congrats on starting your journey!!!
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    In my next life, I will be a cutting horse champion. :) I have always wanted to learn but I doubt either one of my old men could handle it and I dont see myself replacing them anytime soon. I have ridden two cutting horses. One was pretty awesome. The other one was so amazing.... I didnt turn him loose on the cow my first time because I had seen him compete and I was not very confident that I could ride it. Well, he babysat me for that first run. The second time, I set the reins on his neck and let him go and about the third jig, I was in the dirt. LOL! He loved to work. He was a son of Dual Pep and his name was Dually - he was built just like one. I get goose bumps when I think about that horse.

Anyway, welcome to the group. There are a lot of reasons for losing weight but my horses are a big one for me. I dont want to be the person that people look at and say "Oh my goodness, that poor horse!!!". MFP is a great resource.