JULY 30DS

Options
hollieam92
hollieam92 Posts: 197 Member
Hiya everyone,

Starting the 30 day shred 1st of July and was wondering if anyone fancied doing it with me?

Could really use the motivation so feel free to add me :)

Replies

• hollieam92
    Options
    bump
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    I started in June, but had to take a break due to injuring my knee.

I'm back on it now! :bigsmile: I've just done level 2, day 5. I know I'm in between months, but would love to join this thread and see how everyones getting on if ok? :flowerforyou:
  • hollieam92
    Options
    Well I will be putting my measurements up, so of course you can :D xx
  • chocs_away
    chocs_away Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    30DS is really hard on my knee... last time I managed 5 days before I had to stop :( I do want to try again, but not too sure....
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Yeah it is really hard on the knees. I'm making myself do those knee exercises loads before I start and my knees still kill after! Not sure if there's anything we can do about it, maybe we should be wearing supports?
  • hollieam92
    Options
    Well I'm not starting for a couple of days, so think it over, because having motivation is whats going to make this doable heh :happy:
  • Bellini500
    Bellini500 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm on day three today, and have just realised that I didnt measure myself when I started. I'll have to do that when I get home tonight. BTW - are you supposed to do the 30DS every day or every other day? I have heard conflicting reports and wondered what everyone else thought.
  • denisek80
    denisek80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey I am about to start the 30DS - I'm a little bit terrified to be honest!! How heavy are the weights you use or if you don't have the weights what do you use as a substitute?
  • clairefpee
    clairefpee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've sort-of started 30DS. Only twice in July so far but ache for 2 days after so can't do every day but hoping that;ll ease off and I'll be able to up it to every day soon.
  • kerryjudson
    kerryjudson Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i did day one level one today with my daughter, found it hard going but felt really good afterwards. feeling very motivated to keep at it for the full 30 days. be good to hear how others are getting on
  • kerryjudson
    Options
    day 2 of the 30 day shred done and i'm feeling really good even though my legs ache that much i can hardly get down the stairs lol :laugh:
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm on this feel free to add me
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    I'm planning to start on Monday, or as soon as the weights I ordered from Sports Direct actually turn up.... Thinking it looks pretty hard! I know I'm going to struggle - at the moment I can't physically do one press up, let alone a minute's worth or whatever it is. It's not that I don't have the motivation to do them, just I physically don't have enough arm strength to push myself up off the floor! Soo yeah, this is not going to be easy!
  • kerryjudson
    Options
    day 3 of level 1 done today and the first set of cardio was a killer as i already ached so much but i kept going and it became easier. dont ache at all now and feeling very proud of myself. :happy:
  • ATOLLIT
    Options
    So turns out the weights have arrived and got left at my neighbour's house, so I have no excuse not to start it anymore... thinking that'll be tomorrow morning's plan :P have already agreed to go for a run with my housemate this evening and I don't think I could handle both haha.
  • ATOLLIT
    Options
    So how is everyone's shred going??
  • kerryjudson
    Options
    i did day 5 yesterday, its a tough 20 minutes and leaves me sweating like a sweaty thing but i'm determined to try to do all 30 days in a row. i'm going to do a 10, 20 and 30 day weigh in and really looking forward to seeing some results of my diet / exercise combo
  • sarahlou1045
    Options
    Jumping in i'm on day 3 tonight agree on the knees, they didn't hurt this much last time i started it but I was running then too so maybe the running had strengthened them?
  • sarahlou1045
    Options
    Day 3 done! Should be able to do tonight before I go out and then hopefully in the morning. Rest day Sunday then back on Monday,

Don't ache anywhere near as much today but kind of ignored her stretches and did my own as I just don't find her's enough, also walked to the shop twice after i'd done it so maybe that loosened my legs up a bit.

Good luck everyone!
  • ATOLLIT
    Options
    I did day 6 this morning, yay for managing 6 days in a row! I even managed some of the press-ups on my feet instead of knees today. Only about 3 mind you, but it's still an improvement :laugh:

I'm off to stay with the boyfriend for the weekend and not bothering to take any gym clothes with me so it will be at least 1 if not 2 rest days for me now, depending on which day I come home.

I was wondering though, do you count day of shred as the number of days you've actually done the workout, or do you count rest days as days of shred so you finish the dvd in 30 days??