Sunscreen

Options
BrianSharpe
BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
Is there a sunscreen that is really "sweat proof" ?

I burn like crazy (every summer I do an excellent imitation of a freshly boiled Maine lobster) and every sunscreen I've tried ends up practically blinding me when I start sweating.

Is this a hopeless quest?

Replies

• FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Yes it's a hopeless quest..lol. I've tried a few difference ones with the same result. I just stopped putting some on my forehead now. Maybe wear a sunvisor or something?

I just wear a light waterproof 4 SPF because I have a fairly dark completion and it's enough to prevent the burn, and I don't put any on my forehead.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I thoroughly recommend using children's sunscreen as it needs to be high factor and stay on in the water. Ambre Solaire do a range called Resisto which is supposed to be twice as water resistant. Also try sports-specific brands, which often come as sprays. Mine is British but I think Banana Boat is international?
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Buy a face cream with SPF in it. Any face cream with SPF in it will probably do. My face cream has SPF 35 and I get zero sunburn when I run.

I've tried every standard sunscreen out there and had no luck with them staying out of my eyes.
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I like the marathon mist by Bullfrog.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am don't use chemical sunscreens and natural, physical sunscreens run like crazy. I rely on light colored synthetic t-shirts and a visor when I run outdoors. My shoulders burn the most so as long as that's covered I'm good.
  • enchantedeskape
    Options
    My son sweats like crazy & burns as easily as I do. Although it's a PITA to apply, we use the spray on sport sunblock.

I also use the face lotion with SPF built in for me. It will work for the amount of time I'm usually outdoors. I also run with a sun visor or a ball cap.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I am don't use chemical sunscreens and natural, physical sunscreens run like crazy. I rely on light colored synthetic t-shirts and a visor when I run outdoors. My shoulders burn the most so as long as that's covered I'm good.

It's my face and the back of my neck that burn even with a hat or visor , my arms, shoulder legs etc tan just fine and don't burn unless I do something stupid like hanging around the beach all day and staying out at high noon.

I suppose with a hat I just won't apply any to my forehead........
    I like the marathon mist by Bullfrog.

I'll have to look for it when I'm in the US next week...
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I use the Coppertone SPF 70 Sport. I still tan like crazy. But I don't burn, so it's got to be working, at least somewhat.
  • s35keith
    s35keith Posts: 121 Member
    Options

That is the goofiest hat ive ever seen.
  • Pennydnbfit
    Pennydnbfit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I se the Clinque SPF30 and its great. bait pricey but worth the extra expense. Its not overly greasy either.
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Can you change your run to night. I live in Florida and run after all the thunderstorms. The heat index and UV is just to high for the Irish skin. So now I run after 830pm. No chemicals and a lot cooler :)