the last week .

Options
delmc1
delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
now we have entered the last week i have been looking back to judge if this has been a success for me .
i have not reached my goal but the changes i have made over the last month have made me feel better about myself . i still have weight to drop but have lost inches all over .shirts fit better and i had to buy a new belt because my jeans are now loose .so for everyone who took part i hope you got something out of it even if its only a small NSV .

good luck in your last week lets rip this week up

Replies

• hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Needing a belt for your jeans is a better sign of progress than the scale, CONGRATS!
    I am down 7 for the challenge, but I was happy to see even one pound this week, I was on vacation with my husband and I was able to make healthy but delicious choices at restaurants. It is easier to make healthy choices at a restaurant when you are wearing white linen slacks and not averting your eyes from the bathroom mirror. Going upand down the steps at Niagara Falls was a great way to burn off the calories.
    I started this challenge in a rut, that could have easily turned into a surrender to unhealthy habits and giving up. Thanks for the challenge and being here. While I will hope to finish the challenge strong with a loss, the challenge has been a major SUCCESS for me. Thanks for everyone being willing to share their successes and their struggles!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    now we have entered the last week i have been looking back to judge if this has been a success for me .
    i have not reached my goal but the changes i have made over the last month have made me feel better about myself . i still have weight to drop but have lost inches all over .shirts fit better and i had to buy a new belt because my jeans are now loose .so for everyone who took part i hope you got something out of it even if its only a small NSV .

good luck in your last week lets rip this week up

I did not lose 10 pounds and did not reach my goals. However, I lost inches, burn 3600 calories or more a week, and staying focus and those changes have made a significant change. Every effort and step is a new lifestyle and weight loss will show! July will help us nail another 3-4 lbs!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Needing a belt for your jeans is a better sign of progress than the scale, CONGRATS!
    I am down 7 for the challenge, but I was happy to see even one pound this week, I was on vacation with my husband and I was able to make healthy but delicious choices at restaurants. It is easier to make healthy choices at a restaurant when you are wearing white linen slacks and not averting your eyes from the bathroom mirror. Going upand down the steps at Niagara Falls was a great way to burn off the calories.
    I started this challenge in a rut, that could have easily turned into a surrender to unhealthy habits and giving up. Thanks for the challenge and being here. While I will hope to finish the challenge strong with a loss, the challenge has been a major SUCCESS for me. Thanks for everyone being willing to share their successes and their struggles!

Challenge was a SUCCESS for me as well. I am finally broke my plateua and I know another 4-5 weeks will get me there!
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Down 7.8 lbs and lost 3 and 2 inches respectively off waist and hips and I've amped up my exercise routines. So yes this challenge was a sucess even if I don't get that last 2.2 lbs by the 8th.

Congrats to everyone else who lost lbs and inches, keep up the great work!!
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 7.5 ibs so far in 5 weeks but with 1 week to go there a still good change i can lose my 10ibs, if not its ok. i feel better and im losing inches which is fine with me, also the last 3 weeks ive done more weight lifting then normal so some of my weight lately is muscle. i hope we can do another challenge again, this has really changed my life. Last week so go all out
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached my goal...and actually no where near it!!! It is a little heartbreaking because I've realized my body wont do 10lbs in amonth. UGH. But it pushed me and made me want to work hard
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd hit the 10 lbs. but then, after posting a 7.2-pound total loss on June 25, I regained about 3 pounds, for a toal of only 4.2 pounds down. I'm hoping to see 2 lbs. this week so I'm not too far off the 10 lb. goal.
  • habu68123
    habu68123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to hit the 10 pounds but I think I will be within a pound or two so I consider the challenge a great success for me. I've been sick the past couple of weeks and really had to cut back on exercise so it's given me a chance to focus on my diet and look at some of the macros. Congrats to all!
  • tinyjaz
    tinyjaz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Down 11.2lbs for the challenge so I'm very happy to have surpassed my goal. Looking forward to losing a little bit more for the last week. I have enjoyed the positive supportive energy of this group. Congratulations to all.
  • cruisinskier
    cruisinskier Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am down a total of 12 lbs for the challenge and am working just as hard this week. I have been to the gym 4 days straight and continue to make better food choices. Good luck to all of you in the final week!!
  • ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Down 4 which for me is good since I lose as slow as molasses. I'm near the end and these lbs don't want to come off! Have learned a lot in these weeks...

-- Be patient!
    -- Enjoy the NSV...they are as important as the scale number
    -- Working out really helps!
    -- we are in this for the long haul...lifetime changes...not losing within the month is not as important as staying on track!
    -- enjoying changes in how clothes fit is fantastic!

I'd love to reach 5 but not the end of the world...

Susan
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Are you excited the Challenge is almost over? How well did you do? I'm down 10+ pounds...I never got the chance to participate but I'm so PROUD of everyone! I'm sure your hard work paid off~! See yall around! Stay Blessed!
  • EmmaLB1990
    EmmaLB1990 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, weighed in today as I'll be at my boyfriend's tomorrow, and I managed the 10lbs :)
    I also just measured myself and I've lost 1 and a half inches from my chest, 2 and a half from my waist, and 1 and a half from my hips. I'm very proud of myself, and of everyone else, we all did great!
    Next month I'm aiming to lose at least 4 lbs and then reassess and decide if I want to lose more, though I think I've decided that I would like to.
    Good luck to everyone, and well done!
  • bmoregan
    bmoregan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey, well done EmmaL and everyone that gave it a shot wether you made the 10lbs or not.
    Glad to say, I hit -11.75lbbs (222.25 down from 234lb) this morning!
    For the first time in literally decades, certainly this milennium, the scale said "15 stone something". (1st = 14lb)
    Thanks again DelMc1 for pointing me here.
  • MsRejection
    MsRejection Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just managed to lose exactly 10 pounds! wasn't sure i would make it but did :) i hope the group continues on i would love to go for it again as i still have so much to lose! (Starting 250.8 current 240.8) awesome job to everyone who made it :)
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    tomorrow is the final weigh in, i dont think ill get the 10 ibs but so close, it was a great 6 weeks and we should keep going.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I bounced up a bit this last week, but I am at a net 6.4lb loss. I am really happy with that since I am now working on the last 8lbs. When's the next challenge???
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

I feel the same way! My loss isn't huge, but I also started this challenge in a rut. I got a really bad sinus infection, which I am JUST now getting over. Missed LOTS of gym time, which is out of the norm for me, and my husband traveled for work more than usual (lots of eating out for me when he does). BUT, I didn't let all that nonsense set me back like I would have in the past, so that is a HUGE victory for me. The fact that I had loss at all makes me really happy, and I want to do another challenge!
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Well I just did my last weigh in and fell a little short of the 10lbs. Lost 8.6, but I am ok with that :)
    I am ready for another round!!
  • Copperycat
    Copperycat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I normally weigh in on a Friday but weighed in this morning and I have lost 8.2lbs doing this challenge. I am so pleased and felt the challenge helped me achieve more than I might have done otherwise. Can't wait for the next one. Well done everyone who made it to the end :))