Shakeology

Options
RDM0402
RDM0402 Posts: 1 Member
Hi Everyone!

I started Insanity and finished the first month. I love this workout program! I've lost a few pounds, but I can tell I'm building way more muscle. I haven't tried any of the shakes, and I'm wondering if anyone does? They seems pretty expensive, and I dont want to waste a lot of money on something that taste horrible. OR, is there another type of protein shake you use or recommend to use while doing Insanity? I just ordered the Insanity... the Asylum!.... I can't wait to try that out!!

Replies

• golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have never used shakeology due to cost. I recently bought optimum nutrition and Dymatize elite protein powders. Trying to up protein levels and was ok priced.
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased Shakeology from ebay (slightly cheaper then buying directly from beachbody). I had tried a couple sample packets that I got from a beachbody coach. I really like the shakes, although it says to use one scoop (which is a LOT of powder) and when I use that much and mix with the suggested amount of water 8-12 oz. it makes the shake very thick and too thick for me personally. Because of that I use about a half scoop and have liked that much better - it may be different if you mix it in a blender but I don't have the time to do that and then clean the blender so I just use a shaker bottle.
    I really like Shakeology but have only been using it for about a week, so I don't know about the long-term results from it but it definitely keeps me full throughout the day.
  • Nutrition1975
    Options
    Have been drinking Shakeology now for over a year - chocolate is definitely my favorite - I drink mine for breakfast and it definitely keeps me full until lunch. I mix it with a little peanut butter. I did Insanity without Shakeology the 1st round and then did it with the 2nd round and just continued drinking it - love it!
  • finfeet
    finfeet Posts: 15
    Options
    http://www.mealreplacementshakereviews.com/

We are going to try the ideal shake in our home for awhile. There are lot of options out there, and this is only one of the sites I found for info on meal replacement shakes.
  • Nutrition1975
    Options
    I did look at ideal shake, but when I matched up the two Shakeology made more sense for my family - I just like the fact that Shakeology has all those superfoods in it and is all natural. The meal replacement website - was something I looked into when looking for a meal replacement and not one person on the panel that reviews these shakes had a background in nutrition and since my background is in human nutrition and I thought it would be important to get one on the review board.

Good luck I hope you like it!
  • skinnycyn83
    Options
    I ordered the Shakeology today and I can't wait to get it. I also like that its all natural and holistic ingredients (couldn't find anything like it at GNC) And I'm a juicer, but it's getting really expensive being as I sometimes pick organic stuff. This sounds easier and more fulfilling.
  • CurlDiva
    CurlDiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Right now I am using the GNC Pro Performance Whey Powder in Strawberry Banana. It's fairly easy to mix and gives you 20g of protein. It doesn't have hardly any other vitamins like Spirtuein meal replacement so you have to take it with a multivitamin. I do plan on ordering Shakeology as soon as I can because like many others stated it has all the benefits of Spiriutein but for my I am a texture person and I need a shake that goes down smooth. Spirtutein or Frutein are both delicious but they tend to be thick and have dehydrated fruit peices in them. If that doesn't bother you try somem of their samples. They fill you up too.