baby and sleep!

Options
luvsherhubby
luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
Good morning,
I figured this was the best place to post. How old and when did your lil ones start sleeping in thier own crib/bed. My baby is almost 15 months and he refuses to sleep in his crib. I have gave in and have let him sleep with me from about 3 months on becuase its teh only way I could sleep, but now he wont get out of our bed!!!! HELP!!!

Replies

• 916mom
    916mom Posts: 7
    Options
    Im counting my blessings I have a 2 1/2 month old he has been sleeping in his crib at nite since he was 7 days old and released from ICU he has been sleeping 6 to 8 hours a nite for the past 4 weeks its been a struggle to get him on track but its paid off.
  • csiwannabe88
    Options
    I put my son in his crib at night when he was 6 weeks old. I need to work on him napping in there!
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My 14 year old started sleeping at night in his crib right off the bat. My 2 year old, after a month. My 8 week old, last week. They all slept through the night early on... this baby has been sleeping through since she was 2 weeks old. I have no idea how to nip co-sleeping at that age. :-(
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    she falls asleep with the bottle in her mouth when im holding her then i put her in her crib its ben like that since we got her home
  • JenW0217
    JenW0217 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!! My oldest NEVER slept in his crib... he slept w/ me from infant to 3ish then I got him his own big boy bed and ta-da he would sleep in that. It was great!! My youngest will be 3 on Sunday and I have the same issue. He isn't interested in his big boy bed at all and I'm now confused on what to try next. :(
  • Luunila
    Luunila Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I still have my 2 month old in bed with us, but my 19 month old would never go in her crib. So when she was 7 months old we couldn't sleep anymore cause she moved around so much, so we did cry-it out with her. We knew we probably wouldn't get any sleep for a week but at least we would get our bed back. We did the Ferber method where you go in and comfort them every few min and it was really hard, I probably cried as much as she did, but it worked, she learned to sleep in her crib and fall asleep on her own and she's been sleeping great ever since.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My husband thought the baby was so cute that he wanted him to sleep between us when he was a little one. He would nap in his bassinett and sleep in bed at night with us. That became routine. I then started to introduce the crib slowly at around 5 months, because dad didn't think it was cute anymore when Nico would wake him up by scratching him with his fingernails. He'll pass out pretty much anywhere now at 6 months, and he's finally almost weaned off the bed. I would introduce a solid routine, that helped us... Dinner at 4 or 5 (before mummy eats) and playtime for three hours, a bath, read or watch a movie for an hour, then when crankytime hits a warm bottle and bed. Er, crib.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    we co-sleep mostly but my son (10 months old) just started sleeping in his crib more regularly. He has cut out his nighttime feeding and seems to do well on his own in the crib. My 4 year old co-slept with us for the first 2 years. Most of the other kids did as well.
  • jenafey
    jenafey Posts: 10
    Options
    My daughter had terrible reflux, so she had to sleep at an incline. We found a bouncer sleeper that was great, but I wanted to be near her while she slept in it, so she slept in our room until about 6 months. We had a futon in her room, so for the first few nights in her crib, I slept on the futon so she knew I was there. I've heard several people do similar things like bring the crib next to your bed for a few nights, then move it into the baby's room and sleep in there for a few nights, etc. At 15 months though, they can be quite stubborn :(