Slim in 6 success stories please

Options
I started Slim in six last week. I can tell it will work and I am already in Pump it up as I was already working out at my gym and felt I could start there. Problem is I am sooooo bored. I am used to having fun while working out like with Zumba. It is hard t clim out of bed at 5am and look forward to it. So I need someone to tell me how wonderful it made you look. Any before and after photos pls. Something to make me know about how good it is in the end.

Also is it cool to do SLim in Six in lieu of doing weight training. I see it is basically a strentgh training workout.:tongue:

Replies

• FitCoachTina
    Options
    Hey Maurissa...I totally agree with you...It is BORING! Espeically if you've been doing something like Zumba that you think is fun. HOWEVER, it does work. I started SI6 in March 06 and 6 weeks later, I'd lost 23 lbs!!! It was something I could do (at 249 lbs that is hard to find) and fast enough that I saw change right away (13 lb my first week!!!!)

That being said, I don't think I've ever been able to do the entire 6 weeks again. I have done Slim Series and it's hard but can't do more than 1 month...just too much of the same thing and my Adult ADD just doesn't let me go that long without fun.

Try mixing the SI6 in with Zumba to give you some "fun-factor". There is nothing that insists you get it finished in 6 weeks. You can do it in 9 or 12 when you mix it with something you love. You'll see get good results. Btw, I was actually selected to be on the SI6 infomercial 2 years ago because with SI6 (occasionally mixed in) and other fun workouts, I've lost over 100 lbs. (Before & After are at www.califitclub.com)

SI6 is a good starting resistance workout but as you progress, you're going to need to step it up to something that's more intense.

Tina K
  • nikki_0522
    nikki_0522 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've tried Slim in 6 twice, once in 2002 and in February of this year, and have yet to complete the full six weeks. The program bored me to tears and I just couldn't get past the fact that Debbie can't keep count and works each side unevenly. I ended up switching to Turbo Jam and now I actually enjoy exercising.
  • FitCoachTina
    Options
    Nikki, that was the same program I did after Slim in 6!!! So much more fun! Ended up becoming an instructor! :) Have you tried Turbo Fire?!? Even more fun!!!

Tina K
  • nikki_0522
    nikki_0522 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Nikki, that was the same program I did after Slim in 6!!! So much more fun! Ended up becoming an instructor! :) Have you tried Turbo Fire?!? Even more fun!!!

Tina K

I haven't tried Turbo Fire yet, but I'd eventually like to. I've been considering Power 90 for my next workout program as a stepping stone to P90X. I still plan to mix in some Turbo Jam though.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! Apparently I love boring workouts because I love Slim in 6, I see results fast and in the place i need it the most (my tummy). I like that the moves aren't difficult to follow, I bought a Crunch Video once and the moves were so complicated by the time you figured out how to do a move the instructor was already onto the next move.

I'm currently doing the Slim Series 4 days a week and then the other 3 days I box and kickbox at a friends. I almost always burn more calories doing the Slim Series.

To each there own, I tried Tracy Andersons Metamorphasis and hated it and yet people rave about that as well.

I'm interested in getting Brazilian Butt Lift.
  • Rhaiyne
    Rhaiyne Posts: 16
    Options
    I've lost 10 pounds and 13.5 inches doing Slim in 6 since the beginning of March.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    I've lost 10 pounds and 13.5 inches doing Slim in 6 since the beginning of March.

Awesome! I measured this morning and I was down another 2.5 inches for a total of 20.25
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    i am starting the program soon, I just had Major wrist surgery May 4th but need a "simple" program to build me up. prob cant start for another 4+ weeks im still in a splint& sling but figure this slower pace will build strength when i start
  • FindingFit127
    FindingFit127 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love slim in 6 too! i think it works.. I see why some people think it's boring but I like how the moves are easy and show results quickly!! I can't wait to see the end result.. I'm gonna try the Leandro Carvalho's Brazil butt lift after slim in 6 haha
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've tried Slim in 6 twice, .... I just couldn't get past the fact that Debbie can't keep count and works each side unevenly.

That is too funny! I have the same problem. My OCD goes crazy when that happens! You would think the editors would have caught that and made her reshoot the segment. :)

I have never completed the whole 6 weeks. I just bought 6 of the beach body programs from someone off craigslist, so now I am armed and dangerous. I am going to give the slim in 6 one last try as I am anot sure my fitness level is up for p90 or insanity just yet. wish me luck.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    I love slim in 6 too! i think it works.. I see why some people think it's boring but I like how the moves are easy and show results quickly!! I can't wait to see the end result.. I'm gonna try the Leandro Carvalho's Brazil butt lift after slim in 6 haha

I've been doing the Slim Series after Slim in 6 and I love it, soon I will outgrow that and I'm moving on to P90x.
  • CourtneyWoodworth
    Options
    I plan on starting the Slim in 6 program tomorrow morning and walking or riding my bike the other days. I'll keep you posted on my results!