Cost

Options
I am new to Herbalife - I met with the wellness coach this week and started the plan. Was really surprised at the cost. It was so high. I purchased teas, forumula 1, protein shake mix, and the cell activator and just about fell out of my chair at the cost.

Any Advice?

Replies

• Marne53
    Marne53 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Talk to your coach about the 25% discount . Most of us do it ...and you don't have to sell . Marne
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous poster.. talk w/ your coach about becoming a distributor to get a discount and doing the "HAP orders" as well.

Do you have a warehouse near you or are you shipping the products to you?
  • jwbyerly
    jwbyerly Posts: 5
    Options
    I am not sure were the warehouses are? I was confused because I have a friend that does the program (and has been successful) and she does not spend $45 a month. I don't know if she is not adding the protein to the shakes or what.

She must have had it marked up because the pricing she gave me was higher than the product catalog now that I am looking at it. Perhaps that was to cover shipping I don't know.

She charged me $43.54 for Formula 1 and $52.22 for the Protein.

Do you all mix Protein with your shakes to speed up weight loss? Do you all do two shakes a day?

I did one this morning and that was easy- the second one has been harder to get down. Only half way through it and still hungry but not wanting to finish it.
  • Marne53
    Options
    Do you make yours in a blender ? I do and it makes it more of a shake.
  • jwbyerly
    Options
    I did - I made it in the blender with a tsp of Sugar Free jello mix for taste.
  • veggiemuncher12
    Options
    If your coach spends $45 or less, she is likely on a high discount. She must have marked you up for shipping- all coaches/suppliers need to since they pay for it 2.. I know my upline generally offers a discount once you've been on the products at least one month and you know that you like them.

I add the shake mix, protein drink mix, aloe and tea to my daily shakes-in a shaker cup (can buy blender ball cups at Walmart). I add the protein to help me get to my goal amount of daily protein.. (I also use water, not milk because of the protein drink mix).
  • veggiemuncher12
    Options
    I drink 2 shakes a daily.. normally for breakfast & lunch. What flavor of shake do you have?

I love the orange shake w/ aloe, tea & PDM. I used to add my formula 1 & personalized protein power to crystal light water and it was good 2..

If you find a shake mix / recipe you like, your more likely to stick with it. Google "herbalife shake recipes" and I'm sure you'll find something you like.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Blimey, you're paying about half what we pay in the UK. It's £80 for 3 weeks for what I'm on, shakes and protein with tea. But then everything has to be shipped to UK I guess, and it's not such a big name over here. I don't care though. I've lost 8lbs this week since Monday!!!!
  • jwbyerly
    Options
    I got the Vanilla Shake Formula one. Which is great! I have been flavoring it with jello mix. Which helps a lot!
  • faband50ish
    Options
    Sign up as a distributor to get a discount. The more you purchase the more your discount will become. I am at 50%. Also, you are buying these products as meal replacements, so you are saving on your grocery bill. Suggestions to help your shakes taste better- add sugar free syrups ( like they use in coffee shops) and a tablespoon of instant pudding for flavor and creaminess.
  • litajl
    litajl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My Coach gave me a list of recipes for shakes, hot drinks, and to make your own bars. If any one is interested I would love to share. I could scan it and send it to you all. Just send me an email at llaw2@kc.rr.com.
  • Marne53
    Options
    Thank you for offering the recipes. Could you post one of the recipes for the bars on our recipe topic? Can't wait to try these. Thanks again, Keep Moving, Marne
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I seriously need to try this jello thing! Gret idea.

I'm going to be a terrible Herbalifer right now and say I don't use the Herablife protein powder. I find it makes the shakes really chalky (I need a lot because I have a lot to loose). I buy a big tub at Walmart for $20-$30 depending on if I catch it on sale, and it lasts me 3 months.
  • faband50ish
    Options
    I add the Herbalife protein powder after I've blended everything else in the blender and then just turn the blender back on for a few seconds, long enough to mix it in. That should help. I'm concerned about the amount of whey protein you're getting in the tub from Wal Mart. You need to get at least half your protein from vegetable sources such as soy.
  • Marne53
    Options
    I don't like the protein powder that much either. I make one shake with the soy milk and then if I need more after chicken and such I will have a protein and formula one....which is usally once a day. Marne
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I add the Herbalife protein powder after I've blended everything else in the blender and then just turn the blender back on for a few seconds, long enough to mix it in. That should help. I'm concerned about the amount of whey protein you're getting in the tub from Wal Mart. You need to get at least half your protein from vegetable sources such as soy.

Does the soy milk I use to mix my shake and my love of tofu count? ;-)