September Bride!

Options
yamadass
yamadass Posts: 4 Member
Hey everyone! I'm new to MFP - only been using the app for about a week - but I'm already finding it to be really easy to use and motivating. Would love to connect with some more brides-to-be....getting married in September and just ordered my dress in a half size smaller with the goal of more getting fit and healthy before I walk down the aisle! Would love to connect and share tips and motivation so we all feel fantastic in those wedding pics! :o)

Replies

• jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am getting married on October 20 and I'm fairly active around here. I love to talk shop on both fitness and wedding stuff :).
  • JasmineGS
    JasmineGS Posts: 9
    Options
    I already bought my dress and had the altereations done. Good thing it's a corset, just in case I lose more weight by my wedding July 21 :). I'm sure you'll need to take the dress in lots since you seem super motivated. Any ideas you may need or have, just let us know.

Cheers:happy:
    Jaz
  • BetsyG130
    BetsyG130 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in September too and am also feeling motivated from MFP. I have my one-and-only fitting in early August so not only do I have to lose the weight but i have to maintain it for a month after. I'd love to connect/share as well!
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in September also!! Would love to connect with more people trying to reach similar goals. I've lost 12 pounds since I started - I started really focusing in February - and have about 7 more pounds to go. Need to lose all of my weight by late August - I set my goal of Aug. 27 for my final fitting! Would love to connect with anyone who wants more support :)
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I am getting married September 14th! almost at the 3 month mark! I just started doing crossfit so I am planning on being super fit for my wedding and nicely toned hehe yay september brides!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am getting married September 14th! almost at the 3 month mark! I just started doing crossfit so I am planning on being super fit for my wedding and nicely toned hehe yay september brides!

Congratulations! I am getting married the day after you ;) I am looking for a life change. My goal is to work out 4 days a week and eat healthy. I ordered a mermaid dress and it is fitting, so my biggest concern is my stomach. I want to tone it. Seams as though my stomach is stubborn. I am not too worried about anything else as I am 5'11 which helps for me :)
  • Rayner_J
    Rayner_J Posts: 1
    Options
    Oh add me too!! September 29 bride here. New user - so be patient :)
  • jamlace
    jamlace Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am getting married on Sept. 22nd. I have my first dress fitting tomorrow! I am down 24 lbs and have another 10 to go!
  • hark15
    Options
    I am getting married on Sept. 22nd. I have my first dress fitting tomorrow! I am down 24 lbs and have another 10 to go!

Hope the dress fitting went well! I went for mine a couple of weeks ago after losing 12 pounds and the dress was so big on me!! Let us know how it went :)
  • 2negrita83
    2negrita83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am getting married 9/3!!

and I need to need to!! drop 20 so I am very committed!!
    feel free to add me for support and chit chat!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Oh add me too!! September 29 bride here. New user - so be patient :)

9/29 here too :) my first dress fitting is this Thursday...I already tried it on since it came in, and it wasn't as loose as I wanted it to be, but I am trying for it to be a little looser before my last fitting! :)
  • sassy_sparkles
    Options
    adding you! I'm getting married in oct. :-)
  • VSGme
    VSGme Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    9/25/12 here! eloping to Maui -- WOWWWEEE I need to kick it in gear if I'm going to be on a beach! :-p would love to add some friends, let's do this girls! we still have time to reach our September goals! :)
  • RachelReady2Run
    RachelReady2Run Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am September 29th also! I need to get my butt in gear!!! I'd like to lose 10 pounds before my next fitting in August! Feel free to add me :)
  • knackarsch
    knackarsch Posts: 53
    Options
    Lots of us on Sept 29th! Ours is a little backyard wedding. I still don't have my dress! I'm scared to order too small, and can't afford a dress *and* alterations. What's a fat girl to do?
  • dstny157
    dstny157 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi, I'm getting married Sept 8th....2 months to go!
  • missff
    missff Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm getting married Sept 8th....2 months to go!

Hey, I'm getting married on Sept 8th too!

No dress yet but have my eye on one but need to lose a couple inches for it to fit - eek!
  • emawbey
    emawbey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    September 26th for me, in November we should all post wedding pictures on this thread :)
  • hark15
    Options
    September 26th for me, in November we should all post wedding pictures on this thread :)

Great idea :) Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
  • emawbey
    emawbey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks, am so looking forward to it as I am also getting a month away! :smile: