New to Herbalife/MFP - from Indiana

Options
Hello :) I just started Herbalife last week and am loving it so far. I'd like to get suggestions on dinner/snack ideas with high protien. I'm on a 1100 cal diet and need about 77-99 grams of protein a day. My two shakes a day give me a total of 34, which still leaves me with quite a bit left.

Replies

• kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from South Bend and grew up in Mishawaka!! :) Some snacks that I love that are higher in protein but low cal are low fat string cheese, low fat cottage cheese, beef jerky (YUM!!), Herbalife protein bars, and Herbalife soup.

As for dinner, my husband and I eat lots of lean meats including leaner cuts of beef and very low fat ground beef. My diary is open to all of my friends so feel free to browse for any ideas. Beans, lentils, etc. also are fairly high in protein.

I hope that gives you a few more ideas. :)
  • faband50ish
    Options
    Welcome to Herbalife!! I have been an Herbalifer for almost 5 years. The products helped me lose 50#. I let 10 creep back on, so I'm currently working on getting those back off. You might want to consider adding some personalized protein powder to your shakes to help meet your protein goal. As far as snacks, I really love the Deluxe protein bars, the chile lime soy nuts and the wild berry protein drink mix. Cottage cheese as well as tuna are 2 of my favorite go to's to help boost protein while keeping calories down. Are you drinking the tea and taking cell activator and the multivitamin? Chicken and most seafood are really good for dinner choices along with a salad or vegetable. What works the best for me is I do my shakes for breakfast and dinner and usually bring a frozen meal for lunch. Hope this info helps. Let me know your progress!!
  • kbreveard
    kbreveard Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you for the great ideas!
  • kbreveard
    kbreveard Posts: 4
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! Yes, I'm drinking the tea twice a day (along with my shakes) and taking both the cell activator and the multivitamin. I love seafood, but noticed that it's very low in calories. Strange problem to have, but I wasn't happy that 12 pieces of shrimp was only 60 calories. Seems like once I find something with a good amt of protien, it's not the right amt of calories. I'm sure I'll get the hang of this eventually. :)
  • kristirlk
    kristirlk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from South Bend and grew up in Mishawaka!! :) Some snacks that I love that are higher in protein but low cal are low fat string cheese, low fat cottage cheese, beef jerky (YUM!!), Herbalife protein bars, and Herbalife soup.

As for dinner, my husband and I eat lots of lean meats including leaner cuts of beef and very low fat ground beef. My diary is open to all of my friends so feel free to browse for any ideas. Beans, lentils, etc. also are fairly high in protein.

I hope that gives you a few more ideas. :)

Beef jerky, yum indeed! Starkist canned tuna has started making canned tuna with mixed veggies in it.. Pretty good.
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and herbalife, I don't have any other protein suggestions, just wanted to welcome you and wish you luck! :-)