Routines.

Options
What is everyones daily routines for fitness/eating habits?
I'm sure more than just me would enjoy knowing some tips and secrets(;

Replies

• beautybreakdownNJM
    Options
    My exercise has been terrible lately (as in very little) I really need to step it up now for the challenge. I'm going to try for 30 minutes/ 5 days a week and then try to step it up - Maybe 60 minutes. Lets see how that goes though because i'm so bad with exercising though.
    Diet wise, i'm trying to switch it up each day. The only thing i keep the same is bran flakes for breakfast.

Oh and i'm limiting alcohol as well because that can be my downfall sometimes. I go out for drinks with my friends and the next day all i crave is greasy food....Not good!

I'm feeling really positive though because more and more people are joining. I'm going to be jumping for joy if it gets to sep and i've lost more than 20 :) xx
  • Magenashley928
    Magenashley928 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my exercise has been slim to none lately but i started yesterday with my workouts again and this time there are no excuses. ill be starting a new job on monday and ill be off by 5 so ill workout for an hour after woork mon-fri and then on the weekends if im feeling frisky.. haha. with my current job i work 11a to 11p and its almost impossible to wanna work out before or after a 12hr shift, and then on my days off im exhausted! so im super pumped about my new job and all the time i will have to excerise. with this new job i am committing myself to a better lifestyle and better habits! A NEW START :) good luck everybody!
  • rubyred75
    rubyred75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just joined a gym last week after not really do much for the past couple of years. I'm taking it slow to start off & only doing 30 min on the elliptical 2 days in a row then 1 day off. Gonna work my way up to six days a week. From there I will either work up to an hour per day or if I'm feeling brave enough I will give some of the weight machines a try. So 30 min elliptical/30 min weights is my ultimate goal.
  • kd1414
    kd1414 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am just restarting my diet and exercise program. This first week I am going to focus on eating really well. If I still have energy by day 4 of the diet, I will add 30 minutes on a recumbant bike and/or an elliptical trainer. I like to try to get my body acclimated before I add exercise. I'll let you know how it goes!
  • ymhauschild
    Options
    I've started Spinning again with my Hubs. We try to go at least twice a week. I'm also trying (emphasis on trying) to run a 5K. I've been dabbling with the couch to 5K program off and on for too long! So with that said when I'm not spinning I'm on a treadmill for 30 mins and weights for 30 mins. I plan on having at least one off day due to needing the extra calories from exercising to keep up with my 2 year old!
    Eating is the hard part for me. I'm shooting to eat as clean as possible....but I'm taking baby steps. I've been eating the same things in order to keep it easy! Oatmeal or a protein shake (whey protein, almond milk, fruit and flaxseed) for breakfast, a huge leafy salad with grilled chicken for lunch, and a Cooking Light recipe for dinner. Lots of green tea and almonds for snacks. Bottom line is that I'm not starving and I've been staying within my allowed calories. So only time will tell!
    I'm super positive about this challenge and I hope that we can all be motivaters for each other!
  • back4good
    back4good Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm just starting to get serious again after gaining another 7 LBS over the past month or two!! Right now I'm really focused on tracking everything I eat and exercising daily if possible (even if it's just a 20 minute walk like today). My next step is to start planning my meals at least a day in advance (or more if possible) as I think that will be key for staying on plan. My friends that are really fit plan their meals weekly and although I'm not a "planner" I'm thinking I'm going to become one soon!

Good Luck to everyone!!!
  • healthymission92
    Options
    I'm going to go to spin class 2x a week, a boxing class and yoga/pilates.
    Trying to keep my diet as clean as possible but my main aim is not to over do it (as this leads me to binge)
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I jsut need to get back to the gym! I've been having a harsd time with it ....I had an illness thatr preventing owrkuing out for a month, but after that i've still not gone to the gym at all since i've been cleared and that was a month ago

I'm signed up to do a half marathon in November so I really desperately need to start trainign for htat but its just so damn hot out! I also want to lift, was doing enw rules of lifting for women, but that will likely be too much with a half marathon training, but i definitely want to incorporate lifting in there too.

I'm thinking of maybe adding in some workout vidoes too so that i dont get used to things, so if you all have any suggestions please let me know!
  • bellabijou
    bellabijou Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did the 30 day shred for the first time and it damn near killed me lol. I even took a "before" photo ( something I have never done, and wow did it horrify me) I am feeling pretty sore today, and I didn't even get through all the sets in the vid yesterday, which has me feeling rather pathetic to be honest.
    While I am too sore to do the 30ds again today, I will for for a walk or something to loosen up and get active. I have a gym membership as well that I outta dust off, haven;t been there in about 8 months ( I know I know what a waste). I should go to the gym for the air con alone LOL
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    In the past 3 months I have been to the gym 3 times :/ Once in May and twice this week. Since I am recently engaged and have been telling myself I want to be at a certain weight for my someday wedding, what better time to start than now. Since I knew I wasn't going to make it to the gym today I decided that I would allow myself to exceed my 1200cal limit by just a little. I am going to try to go to the gym 3-4 times/wk to start for at least 1.5 hrs. On days I don't go to they gym, I am going to try walk on my lunch hour or when I get home. I have recently discovered that cooking= cardio exercise so since I love food and cooking this is also a great "exercise." I enjoy the treadmill at the gym but it gets monotonous and I have realized I actually work out better if I only do about 30-35 minutes on the treadmill at a time. I have tried the weight machines and enjoy doing them because I actually feel like I'm doing something and finishing my workout with a short cool down on the treadmill and stretching. Stretching is so important I've realized. I am so sore from the past two days!
  • imcatwoman2u
    Options
    I make sure I always have something for breakfast - yogurt, protein shake, piece of fruit. I keep healthy snacks (almonds, fruit) handy. I bring my lunch to work. I could use to get more veggies in and cut bad carbs. Sodium is an evil for me and can cause a weight fluctuation of 4-6lbs in a couple days plus a throbbing headache so I stay away from it as best i can. I always have a water bottle within reach. Workweek goes well food wise, it's the weekends with the kids or friends that's the bigger challenge.

Exercise 5-6 days, kickboxing 3 days, Zumba 2-3 days. I do need to start lifting weights again. When work gets in the way of getting home to classes on time, I try (keyword is try) to get in at least a set of pushups, crunches and squats or take the dogs on my 3mi loop. I also have these free exercise videos on my iPad that I can follow. I definitely am more motivated to get to class than to workout alone though. Need to find a workout buddy.
  • goldair23
    goldair23 Posts: 160
    Options
    Starting a new routine this week which I'm determined to stick to!

Gym 3-4 days a week with 30-40 minutes of cardio and a circuit of the weights.
    Then stick to low carbs and no bread - so oats for breakfast instead of toast and then other than that keep carbs to a minimum - they're my downfall, if I cut them (not completely though) then I think that will definitely help. As I don't really eat junk food - just bread and bad portions! ANYWAY! So no bread, more veggies, work on keeping healthy snacks on me all the time and portion control. That's pretty much the 'routine' I was thinking. And EXERCISE! Eep :/

x