New to Group

Options
Collyloo
Collyloo Posts: 5 Member
I am a mom of 2 teenagers. One is off to college in the fall -- which is having an effect on my mood/motivation -- the other is a 16 year old who rebels and gives me a hard time. She has an anxiety disorder and drains every last drop of life out of me. I just shove food into my mouth when I am hungry without thinking what I am putting in there. I love carbs.

In my mid-30s and at 40, I used Atkins and got down to my goal weight, and then some. But since 42/43, I have no motivation and hate exercising. I stopped moving about then. I work part-time, and come home and sleep. Last year, I joined MFP and almost got to goal weight, and then my daughter started her mental issues again and the school was calling me all the time. So then I shoved food in my mouth and slept.

I also am helping take care of my 95-year-old grandmother, who moves pretty slowly. So when I am with her (2 to 3 days per week), not a lot of moving happens.

Work. Kids. Sleep. Eat. Grandma. That is my life. I am married, but he works a lot and has lots of stress, so our communication is pretty basic.

I am looking for a few friends to have this journey with. I need to lose 20 to 30 pounds.

Replies

• sweetpea5445
    sweetpea5445 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I sent you a friend repuest.
  • kandi810
    kandi810 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request now. I am also new.
  • danabromley
    danabromley Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request.
  • ALC418
    ALC418 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am in my later 40's, and new to this group. I raised 3 boys and am now raising a grandson who is almost 2. My husband and I both work 2 jobs so we are working from 1:00 am to anywhere from 4:00am to 6:00am 7 days a week at or first job (together) then we go to seperate jobs mine starts at 8:00 am to 5:00pm 5 days a week, where I sit at a desk all day. When I get off work at 5:00pm I rush to pick up the grandbaby then it's home to make dinner, bath and bed by 8:00pm to do it all over again.

I really don't get a lot of down time to relax except on the weekends and then I usually spend that time cleaning the house and doing the things at home that need to be done.You would think with that busy life style I would not be over weight, but as I am growing older the weight just seems to attach to me. I also tend to eat more at my day job because I am sitting at a desk all day and it gets kind of boring. One of the girls at my day job and I have started walking during lunch everyday in hopes to slim down and I am now watching what I eat more closely.

I could really use more energy as I feel tired all the time I'm really not sure if it is the hours I keep (seems like when I was younger I kept those hours all the time with no problem) or just age catching up with me. Hopefully joining this website with friends and being more aware will help me figure out whats best for me. I was seariously thinking of walking on the tredmill between jobs also in hopes that that might boost some more energy. Any suggestions?
  • citygirl4ever
    citygirl4ever Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request.
  • Bizeebec150
    Options
    I sent you a friend repuest.

Me too