August Brides Trying to Shed the Last Ten Pounds?

Options
amandab8503
amandab8503 Posts: 2 Member
Hello Ladies,

I'm getting married on August 4, just 73 days away! My current weight is 140, but I'd love to be 130 by my wedding. I'm running 4-5 miles at a time, going to zumba classes and starting to incorporate more weight lifting. I'm on phase one of the South Beach Diet in an attempt to rid myself of these stubborn ten pounds. Any bride who is also trying to lose weight before her wedding please contact me if you want to compare notes, motivate each other and share food diaries?

Thanks,

Amanda

Replies

• Countrybride2b
    Countrybride2b Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Gah!!! No way!!! We are getting married the same day!! This is too cool! :)
    My goal was to be around 125 pounds on my wedding day. Right now I'm at around 135-136. I would be happy even to lose just 5 more pounds to be at 130 on the day. I workout a lot: lifting weights 3-4 times a week, cardio 3 times a week. Sometimes I do a double workout of a jillian michaels DVD in addition to hittin the gym. But I currently don't have AC and it's been soooo hot that I haven't been able to bust out the Jillian.
    I'm not sure what my current settings are for my food diary, but anyone is welcome to check it out! :) I try to eat lots of veggies... Typically at dinner. I try to limit the amount of packaged foods that I eat... My fiancé and I really don't buy many highly processed foods. I'm a supply teacher so I do keep a box of 100 calorie granola bars on hand just incase I get a last minute call in the morning. I try to eat a lot of protein, which is in the form of whey powder, egg whites, yogurt and small portions of lean meats or fish.

I really want to look smokin at my wedding... Any advice from fellow brides to be out there?

Jen
  • ee524
    ee524 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am getting married 8.11.12 and I have been working incredibly hard since November, even working out with my fiance. Unfortunately, I injured my back pretty badly while I was weight lifting, so I am facing a set back. I am so discouraged :-( I would like to be down around 10 more lbs with 2 months to go. I see the doc tomorrow, so I hope to get started with PT and maybe some light cardio, I am just so discouraged.......
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married August 11, too!! I'm starting this a little late in the game. I've been eating better for a little while now but I just got back into working out a little more than a week ago and joined MFP 5 days ago. My current goal is to lose at least 10lbs by June 30 when I have my first dress fitting. While I want to continue to lose as much as I can between now and the wedding, I don't want to incur too much alterations costs or rush fees. I'll see what I'm going to do once June 30 comes around and how quickly I've lost weight. I am wearing a short wedding dress so while I ultimately would like my stomach to be smaller/flatter, for the wedding I'm more concerned about how my legs look!
  • Fairdragonrose
    Fairdragonrose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I"m getting married on August 11 too! So we have (quick check on The Knot) 56 days to go. Gyah! When did that happen? It seemed to forever to go from 80 days to 70, where the past 14 disappear too?

I'm not worried about pounds as much as I am inches. I bought my wedding dress in November and bought it the size I would normally wear, instead of the inflated size I hit over the summer. I lost 10 pounds with the help of MVP earlier this year and a total of about 3 inches around by chest. I've only got about 2 inches left to loose before August.

I start Zumba and am working towards loosing 2 pounds a week. I also use Equate weight loss shakes for breakfast (mostly so that I will eat breakfast.) I KNOW I can do this.

Does anyone have any exercises for the upper back and chest, the arms? Those are my target areas for the next 6 weeks.
  • funky_stripes
    funky_stripes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    i also am getting married on august 11th and need a partner. i want to lose like 10 pounds before the wedding, so if someone in this group wants to add me and message me daily and work together that would be sweet. i am going to weigh in tomorrow morning...thanx for any support
  • funky_stripes
    Options
    How are u girls doing? Only 48 more days for me :)
  • tedforse
    tedforse Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am getting married on August 11th and have the same goal-- to lose10 more pounds before the wedding! I started tracking my food seriously about 10 days ago and working out and so far I have lost 3 pounds.

I do a brisk walk to the gym, do 30 minutes on the elliptical, and then walk/run home. I also am doing the 300 for 30 day ab challenge and have been consistent with doing that every morning when I wake up.

In the end, I want to look good in a bikini so if I only lose 5 pounds more but I become more toned, I will be happy!

How is everyone else doing with their goals?
  • funky_stripes
    Options
    I've done good so far, but camping this weekend might be a challenge
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I"m getting married on August 11 too! So we have (quick check on The Knot) 56 days to go. Gyah! When did that happen? It seemed to forever to go from 80 days to 70, where the past 14 disappear too?

I'm not worried about pounds as much as I am inches. I bought my wedding dress in November and bought it the size I would normally wear, instead of the inflated size I hit over the summer. I lost 10 pounds with the help of MVP earlier this year and a total of about 3 inches around by chest. I've only got about 2 inches left to loose before August.

I start Zumba and am working towards loosing 2 pounds a week. I also use Equate weight loss shakes for breakfast (mostly so that I will eat breakfast.) I KNOW I can do this.

Does anyone have any exercises for the upper back and chest, the arms? Those are my target areas for the next 6 weeks.
    Try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I've seen some pretty amazing results in the arm and back area from that. :)

I've lost 3lbs and 1 inch around my waist so far. My dress fitting is TOMORROW to see how it fits and if I can stand to lose some more weight between now and the wedding without putting a rush on alterations. It's been rough going because my knee has been bothering me so I haven't been working out as much as I'd like. I wanted to be 10lbs down by now. :(
  • fitzsgal
    fitzsgal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am getting into this a little late in the game too. I am getting married 8.25.12 and want to drop20 lbs in 2 months. I know that is a lot in 2 months, but I have to do it for myself to be able to look back on picturse of the day and be happy with myself. I am running 3 miles in the am and trying to do Jillian 30 day shred in pm, but with a 1 year old it makes it difficult.
  • gmgrink
    gmgrink Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are quite a few August 11th brides! My wedding is on August 10th, and I'm hoping to lose about 5 lbs by then. Best of luck to all of you!
  • funky_stripes
    Options
    One more month to GOP, I've had a few set backs but I am determined to stick with healthy eating this last month, besides the booze I'll be drinking for my friends stagette lol, but other than that, that's it
  • julieb3an
    julieb3an Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm August 11th too! It's been so hard. I work out like crazy and eat right and the scale does not budge. I started birth control for the first time in my life, so I think it's water weight. This is tough stuff!