who's doing what in SA?

Options
Ive only been here about 7 months so still finding new places all the time, but what specifically is everyone doin for exercise? Ive recently started a bootcamp off fredericksburg but other than that i work out alone at home...never tried working out socially but could be fun!

Replies

• satxtrap
    satxtrap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Some of the local parks are quite handy, especially O.P Schnabel since it has the Leon Creek Greenway that runs from 1604 by UTSA all the way to the bus transit station at Ingram Mall. An out and back is about 20 miles and it's all paved so you can walk, run, skate, or ride bikes. There's always lots of folks using the trail which is good to see but at times limits what activity is really safe to do. (gotta share the trail not take it over, right?) Best done in the early morning though or you'll slow cook. SA has an avid mountain bike community. Lots of "roadies" to ride with too but a lot of my favorite rides have simply got too dangerous with all the traffic expansion. Trails are the way to go if you want to ride. I haven't ever used this site but I remembered that it was around. You might find something interesting here http://fitness.meetup.com/cities/us/tx/san_antonio/
  • jenjomal
    jenjomal Posts: 10
    Options
    hey! i work out at home at the apartment fitness center. i actually just started yesterday lol i start then stop then start but this time i wanna keep it up! its hard to find time with work and kids i usually go really late at night or my goal is to wake up and go at 530am but thats not easy for me :(
  • satxtrap
    satxtrap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    hey! i work out at home at the apartment fitness center. i actually just started yesterday lol i start then stop then start but this time i wanna keep it up! its hard to find time with work and kids i usually go really late at night or my goal is to wake up and go at 530am but thats not easy for me :(

Having kids can make it difficult. I have 3 but the youngest is 12 so it's a bit easier than when you have young 'uns that more dependent on you. You have to make time for yourself though. Even if you can't make time for the workout there is always time for making good nutritional choices and staying within your caloric macros. :)
  • Chillyw
    Chillyw Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I usually workout at the Thousand Oaks YMCA. Nice facility, friendly people, all types go there.
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I usually workout at the Thousand Oaks YMCA. Nice facility, friendly people, all types go there.
    I'm thinking about joining up there myself that way I can work out after work and such.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I am a member of Spectrum (now Gold's) so I use their gyms. I normally use the one at Bandera and 1604, but sometimes on the weekends I use the one at the medical center area after work. I really like their gyms and am looking forward to them putting one at Portranco and 1604 soon....will be much closer to my house!
  • AnnInTexas
    AnnInTexas Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I used to be a member of Spectrum Roger's Ranch -- but with all the construction on 281/1604, I found myself not going very much. So a couple of months ago I cancelled that membership and joined the Anytime Fitness right by my subdivision.

It's a totally different vibe in there compared to Roger's Ranch. Everyone helps everyone else and I really like it. I usually alternate between cardio and strength training.

Ann
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm downtown so I utilize the greenways for running and cycling. I run in Brackenridge park as well.