Low Libido... :/

Options
LucyFordxo
LucyFordxo Posts: 62 Member
Ok Ladies....

I post this topic in heartbreak.

Every since I've been sexually active I've had a low libido that kicks into a relationship after 6 months or so (when the honeymoon period is over). Previous to the relationship I'm in now (and have been happily in for 3 years) I thought it was just because I was in an abusive relationship and this was my body's response.

Well, I haven't had a sex drive for 2.5years in this relationship and it is a VERY HAPPY ONE. I understand this is a symptom of PCOS. I'm wondering if anybody else has this issue and if so-what treatments do you use for it? My partner is very understanding to an extent-but this is really hurting our relationship. As a 25 year old female I feel really trapped in my own body and desire to express myself sexually..but have really ZERO desire to.

Any advice is apperciated.

xo

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Is it really? I had not heard that before. Hmmm...
  • MrsPinkPeach
    Options
    I have the same problem, which really sucks since I am married. I am so blessed to have a DH that understands my condition and he doesn't pressure me for sex. We figured out that my issue was getting sex started. So mostly now my DH initiates sex and we are good to go. I have heard of this problem form a lot of other cysters as well.
  • kimberly2504
    kimberly2504 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, which really sucks since I am married. I am so blessed to have a DH that understands my condition and he doesn't pressure me for sex. We figured out that my issue was getting sex started. So mostly now my DH initiates sex and we are good to go. I have heard of this problem form a lot of other cysters as well.
    My experience has been exactly the same. My drive comes and goes, but I do know it improves a lot the healthier I am. It sucks.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I know that PCOS can affect your libido. Usually I hear about it going hyper versus hypo.
    What are you taking to treat your PCOS?
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I have always had the opposite problem... Mine is almost always on over drive...
  • shiers1981
    Options
    You're story sounds exactly like mine and I feel so relieved knowing there are other PCOSis out there with the same issue. I recently saw an endocrinologist and this was one of the topics I discussed with her. She more or less told me that my boyfriend of 5 years and I should see a psychologist and that there must be some under lying issues. However, I've had a low libido pretty much since I became sexually active. My boyfriend is very understanding of the way that I am. But, I know that deep down it is effecting our relationship. I'm always looking for ideas/tips on things we/I can do to "boost the mood".
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I have posted this very same thing on another forum because I have the same problem. My DH is very understanding but I am sure he gets tired of hearing me say no. Every now and then my libidogets revved up. It lasts for a day, maybe two if I am lucky. Then it goes away for months. I bought a supplement - Steel Libido for women. The pills are huge, you have to take a lot of them and I havent felt any different yet. At least it wasnt expensive. I have noticed that right after my TOM, about a day or two into my pack of pills, I am feeling frisky but any other time - forget it. I dont know how to treat it or help it but I will be talking to my endo about it next week. Low sex drive is also a side effect of HypoThyroidism, which I also have. Double Whammy.

Anyway, I know its frustrating but you are not alone!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it being low. Mine is super high though!
  • sylmcguigan
    sylmcguigan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.
    Honestly, if I never had to have sex again I'd be perfectly okay with it. I just find it so frustrating because I don't think about sex, I don't really ever "scratch an itch" and I actually get annoyed most of the time when my husband tries to initiate sex.
    I feel bad about myself because of this because part of a relationship is to have sex and enjoy your partner, but I just do it because I have do. Sadly, after we have sex I secretly am glad that I'm "safe" for a few days and won't have to have it.
    I really hope it's not just me that feels like it. I am attracted to my husband and sex (when I do get coerced into having it) does feel good, but mostly I'd just rather not get into it.
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    i've never had a low libido....
  • sylmcguigan
    sylmcguigan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My only real suggestion, which is a bit TMI, is to plan ahead when you're going to have sex, and also to plan ahead and "scratch and itch" beforehand so that you're kind of forced to get in the mood. It kind of kills the romance, but it's better than being having him beg for sex and being constantly turned down.
    I don't know what would work for you, but maybe reading some decent erotic stuff sometimes does the trick as your mind has to do the thinking instead of subjecting yourself to watching people get in on which doesn't really do anything at all for me.
    This is all TMI, I know, but I'm just trying to help :)
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I actually watched a document once that stated that when your not in the mood or have a low sex drive the best thing for it is to actually have sex, because when you do have it, it releases the happy hormones but also apparently there is something else which makes you desire it a bit more (it was a few years ago i watched it so im a bit sketchy on the details) and funnily enough i think its true because I have a low sex drive but if my partner initates and i follow through I find after the second time within a few days i start to want it myself ! I go through phases of when im mad for it and other times when im like okay leave me alone but once he gets me in the mood, i then tend to enjoy it. I think its a case of trying different things or procedures to see what works best for you both. I also watched another documentary and this lady never wanted sex but she wanted to try for her hubby and they suggested that they set days for them to have sex on.... sounds very unromantic and then makes u feel pressurised to have sex on such and such days but what it did for this lady was she knew she could have a cuddle with her hubby in bed without being pestered for sex as it was a no sex day! this made her more relaxed around her hubby and after like half a year there sex life improved tremoundesly !