Welcome!

Options
2»

Replies

• erinkwr
    erinkwr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey there...just joining. I am a size 18 now and want to get back into a size 10. Goal to lose 90-95 pounds so I can run again. I read one woman's post about the excess fat functioning as a shield, and I know that is absolutely the case for me, but I can't seem to articulate from what exactly I am trying to hide. So anyway, maybe someday I will feel as good as I did in my profile pic...a blast from my past...only time will tell...
  • stlhrs
    stlhrs Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Awesome, how could I NOT join this thing? :devil:

agreed!
  • stlhrs
    stlhrs Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone.

Thanks Sexy!
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Hey there...just joining. I am a size 18 now and want to get back into a size 10. Goal to lose 90-95 pounds so I can run again. I read one woman's post about the excess fat functioning as a shield, and I know that is absolutely the case for me, but I can't seem to articulate from what exactly I am trying to hide. So anyway, maybe someday I will feel as good as I did in my profile pic...a blast from my past...only time will tell...

I'm currently a size 10, yet I'm trying to see if I can get into the single digits. So far I've lost weight, just not in that area. That's what you get with a natural large lower body :grumble:
  • bellachops101
    bellachops101 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :wink: Great group. If anyone wants to ad me as a friend please do as I am always looking for new friends. Much Love xx
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Hi everyone :wink: Great group. If anyone wants to ad me as a friend please do as I am always looking for new friends. Much Love xx

Thanks, and welcome again!
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) always looking for more friends to motivate and more friends to help with my motivation :D
  • erinkwr
    erinkwr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow. I haven't been in single digit sizes since junior high.

I have the curse of being "big boned." I know it sounds lame, but it is true. We measured my wrist circumference and it is on the very high end of normal. If I drop below 130 pounds, I stop getting my period. TMI, I know, but that is a sign of unhealthy weight last I checked. I really was happy with myself at a size 10.

I have a sister-in-law that is like a size zero and a half. Tiny, *tiny*. When we fold the laundry my mom and I keep putting her underwear with my petite 10-year old's (except for the thongs, of course)...She is smaller than her 11-year old step daughter, my biologic neice who is also plagued with northern European "big bones."

And the horrific thing is that my brother, my niece's father, is giving her a complex about her weight because she has a trace of pudginess in her tummy. He should not be surprised when she develops body dysmorphia and an eating disorder thanks to his behavior...
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Wow. I haven't been in single digit sizes since junior high.

I have the curse of being "big boned." I know it sounds lame, but it is true. We measured my wrist circumference and it is on the very high end of normal. If I drop below 130 pounds, I stop getting my period. TMI, I know, but that is a sign of unhealthy weight last I checked. I really was happy with myself at a size 10.

I have a sister-in-law that is like a size zero and a half. Tiny, *tiny*. When we fold the laundry my mom and I keep putting her underwear with my petite 10-year old's (except for the thongs, of course)...She is smaller than her 11-year old step daughter, my biologic neice who is also plagued with northern European "big bones."

And the horrific thing is that my brother, my niece's father, is giving her a complex about her weight because she has a trace of pudginess in her tummy. He should not be surprised when she develops body dysmorphia and an eating disorder thanks to his behavior...

I have that big bone curse too, and bulky muscles. My thighs are larger then my moms, and I can't get them to shrink down, even with working out! People say I'm small but I'm a size 10/12 and I cannot for the life of me get smaller from the waist down. Its just my body type