Day 12- Fuel or Filler?

Fattack
Fattack Posts: 666 Member
What do you put in your body? Is it high quality, nutritious fuel or is it filler (lacking nutrients, extra calories etc.). If you run your body on junk, it won't run very far.

You can have filler though, just aim for small amounts and focus on appreciating the taste of these foods rather than making them a staple of your diet.

TODAY:

1. Record each of the foods you eat today, then rate each one based on whether it provides fuel or filler
2. At the end of the day, determine how well your fuel needs were met
3. Decide whether you need to replace some filler items with healthy foods that provide more fuel

My sister goes back to England tonight, so my updates should be a little more timely (until Saturday when I go away to Sweden!). I'll get the spreadsheet up before I head off though!

Replies

• kimannabella
    kimannabella Posts: 31 Member
    Gosh, must feel like she only just got there and has to leave *hugs*

Aaanywho I have changed to fuel, 2 weeks now on saturday. I am finding sourcing food based protein quite expensive and difficult to get in my 1200-1600 calorie allowance, although I don't think I should be using supplements just yet. As I said am trying intermittent fasting, I am going to try to try it for the next week and see how I get on with it; I eat my main meal right after exercise at 1pm, then stop at 9pm. No filler, I had wholemeal bread last week sometime, and for me i love bread and cakes. Today my mum visited (she had to bring her own cake, then leave) while I had a banana.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    This time of year is really easy to do fuel instead of filler. Well I guess really time is but with fresh fruits and veggies and the farmers market having fresh meat and cheese, there's not much need for processed fillers. I have been eating a protein bar ever mow and then, I have been looking into making them.
  • Bola17
    Bola17 Posts: 120 Member
    I had one spoon of jam on my crispbread this morning - it cost 36 calories (that must be considered filler - considering I could have eaten ½ a fruit for that). Maybe I should get back into making some of my own jam with all of the great fruits we can get right now. I did make quite alot this past year but the only trouble is the rest of my family eats it twice as fast as store bought!! And now I realise why - probably twice as much fruit and halv as much "filler". :noway:
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Breakfast, lunch, tea, totally fuel. Evening nibbles totally nibbles!! Lol!! Sorry, but I'm owning up before hand and I will be under calories because I've planned ahead.
    So is it good that I've planned for it, or bad that I knew I was going to go stuffing my face with stuff that isn't technically fuel??
    Ha!