Untreated PCOS

Options
I am convinced I have this and have had it for years. However, I am not being treated for it. I don't have insurance, so hard for me to get to the dr. Also I am scared to be told something is wrong with me.
The symptoms I have are as follows:

Infertility, hirsutism,weight gain,skin tags, pelvic pain, anxiety/depression.

I am want to cure my pcos by losing weight, because I've always been a little over weight.

My question is though.. I usually feel me period coming on 2-3 weeks before it gets here.that means I have random pain before it gets here, and the hormones of course. The first month I was exercising I felt good energy wise. Now that I am feeling symptoms of impending doom, I have NO energy what so ever.

Does anyone else experience this lack of energy?

Replies

• lmustoe
    lmustoe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Most definetly. I just got on Metformin and feel so much better. Rewind to last October I was finally starting to see some results at the gym and then boom the blood sugar attacks hit harder then ever in my life. I'm talking I thought I was having a stroke. Energy levels and knee injury and moving put me out of the gym for awhile and low and behold I was feeling better but back up 10 pounds in March. So started working out again feeling good again losing weight and round May my energy levels plummeted, started getting major heart palps and blood sugar attacks. Also my cravings were uncontrollable to the point that I would deny myself all day just to wake in the morning with a half eaten granola bar in my bed or something like that. I didn't even remember getting up so obviously I was not sleeping well. My doc had put me on ortho tri cyclen a couple months before and I had always been on low dose bc before so I thought that was it. She had me do a halter monitor and it showed begnin palps but she wants me to see a cardiologist due to shortness of breath and the palps getting worse and she went ahead and put me on met and gave me a low dose bc. I was midmonth with my pill so I started the met right away and the low dose would have to wait. Started feeling better right away. The palps started getting less and less, now they are pretty much gone. My energy levels are back and I feel great. You might try to research ORGANIC APPLE CIDER VINAGIR (sp) and cinnimon. I've heard both help but look into it and see what you find. Best of luck!
  • sistasledge101
    Options
    thank you so much for the reply!
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Your symptoms made me think - bingo - PCOS! I can tell you that I had been working out and eating well and not losing weight until I came on MFP, then I started, even though I was doing a lot before. It was the hormones, keeping me from losing at a good rate. Keeping track has helped as well as the Metformin. The metformin has made me lose faster.

Five years ago, I went through my first round with doctors etc. I was told I had a borderline case. This time (after a pregnancy and five years on the pill), my symptoms are so much worse! I was relieved to find that there was an explanation for some of these things that were happening with my body.
  • hopeandlove91
    hopeandlove91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You poor person! Those were my symptoms exactly! I had major pains in my side and back for 2-3 weeks before my period every month. Then one month I didn't get my period and I finally went to the doctor. I was exhausted. I was sleeping 8 hours a night and napping every chance I had. Just the physical pain in itself was exhausting. The doctor said my hormone and insulin imbalance was also contributing to my extreme fatigue. I really hope you are able to get this all sorted out.