Run Through Hell?

Options
robpett2001
robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
I'm a noobie runner preparing for my first event with the "Run Through Hell" in August. Running the 4.8 mile "weenie" run, rather than the 10 mile run.

Anybody else thinking about doing this one, and care to cheer each other on as we train?

http://www.active.com/running/pinckney-mi/run-thru-hell-2012

Replies

• robpett2001
    Options
    Just registered for this -- my very first real race. I'm nervous and excited and a little intimidated but I think it's going to be fun but pretty hard and I wish it were tomorrow even though I'm not ready but did I mention I'm excited and looking forward to this 'cause I really am!?

:)
  • bbarr66
    bbarr66 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You're in for a fun run if I remember right. It's a hilly course for the 10miler. Have fun!
  • grinch333
    grinch333 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did that race back in 98 or 99. It was a great race! Have fun and enjoy it! I love Hell MI! Make sure you go to the Damn site inn! Great place to get a rockin t shirt! Tracy
  • mokpochica
    mokpochica Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    4.8 sounds like a good race to me. I'll think about it and decide in the next day or two.
  • robpett2001
    Options
    I just looked over the course (Google Earth with Street View is so kewl) and can't quite tell how hilly the 4.8 mile run is. I only have a few hills on my usual running routes, so that will probably be the big challenge for me. If I can, I'm going to head over there next weekend and run the course (if it's the same as last year), so I know what to expect.
  • robpett2001
    Options
    Nice to hear good things about the race from folks who have run it! I'm really looking forward to it!
  • robpett2001
    Options
    What a fun day this was! About 500-600 people participated on a cool, rainy day -- far from the kind of weather I had been expecting, given the summer we've been having. I did the 4.8 miles in 47:51, which was faster than I had expected, and I had a BLAST!

Next stop, the Turkey Trot at Hudson Mills Metropark on November 10th!