Always hungry??

Options
Tots77
Tots77 Posts: 16 Member
Anyone else with PCOS always hungry? No matter what I eat and how much water I drink I am always hungry. Even if I make the best choices and stick to low GI/ low carb foods. Just wondering if it is me or the PCOS?

Replies

• MrsPinkPeach
    Options
    I am always hungry too! How many meals and snacks a day are you eating?
  • MartiJ521
    MartiJ521 Posts: 434
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Martha. I also have PCOS and am hungry all the time. :(
  • uzit_13
    uzit_13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Same here, but I'm not sure why. Good question!!!
  • aimeelouise79
    aimeelouise79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm Aimee, and I'm new :) This is my main problem. I always used to be such a healthy person, it never even crossed my mind to eat chocolate or crisps. Now I crave this sugary, starchy junk almost 24/7 (and when I say crave, I mean CRAVE, to the point that I feel unwell and cannot think of anything else), and no matter how much I eat I never feel satisfied. I, too, have been wondering whether it was the PCOS, or whether I was just greedy! Even when I try and avoid it and eat healthily, I have to eat every two hours at the very least, or I am absolutely starving. Interesting to find other people struggling the same!
  • ShannonJohnson
    ShannonJohnson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am always hungry too! And if I don't eat when I am hungry I get crabby and headaches. I always thought it was just me too but maybe it is the PCOS. I am eating 6 times a day, I got that from a friend who has lost a lot of weight over the last few years by doing that. I do 300 cals for breakfast, 150 cal snack, 400 cals for lunch, 150 cal snack, 500 cals for dinner, 150 cal snack. I only do that when I am going to work out cause then the workout cuts me back to 1200 cals/ day where I am supposed to be at. I am also reading Making the Cut from Jillian Michaels and you can see what kind of ratios you should be doing depending on what you like to eat and how you eat. For me I am Balanced Oxidizer so I should intake 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. I've been follwoing this for a week now and before I had too many carbs and not enough protein, now that I am making myself eat more protein and keeping things at that ratio I notice I am fuller longer. I still force myself to eat all the times above throughout the day about every 2 hrs cause my weakness is when I get so hungry I always stop for something fast that is bad for me or I eat a ton of chips and salsa at once which is also not good. So I make myself eat and have been trying to do it at the exact same time of the day so my body gets used to it.

On the mobile app for this site you can get to a pie chart to see your percentages of those items i listed above so it is great and easy to follow and get yourself to the right spot on those. I have not figured how to make it work on the online website though. But if you have the mobile app too it is a great tool.