Is anyone training for any kind of race or event?

Options
willforbes
willforbes Posts: 48 Member
I am training for a rugged manic 5K on March 24th

Replies

• vickieross
    vickieross Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm too old
  • LetsGetIt76
    Options
    Got the St. Patty's Day "Get to the Green" 5K in Columbia on March 17th, and the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston on March 31st.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have been training for my 1st half marathon. I am traveling to DC for it on March 17th! I have only ran 1 race in my life and it was a 5k.
  • willforbes
    Options
    Good luck!! My race is coming up fast. I am excited and nervous.
  • Sharonab123
    Options
    I have been training for my 1st half marathon. I am traveling to DC for it on March 17th! I have only ran 1 race in my life and it was a 5k.

Good luck to you! Remember, if you cross the finish line, YOU ARE A WINNER! Relax and enjoy the atmosphere.
  • aroundhky
    Options
    Thinking about doing Tough Mudders one day.
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about doing the Warrior Dash in May... If I'm not ready, I might try the one in SC in the fall.
  • willforbes
    Options
    1 week away and I am nervous!!!!
    I wish I had a little more training time.
  • scubagoil
    Options
    1 week away and I am nervous!!!!
    I wish I had a little more training time.

The rugged maniac looks a lot like the warrior dash! I'm sure you are going to have a great time!

Be sure to post how it went! And pictures if possible!
  • willforbes
    Options
    I finished the rugged manic and did every obstacle. I didn't set any records, but I completed my goal of finishing. I will try to post some pics this week. And maybe a sucess story when I reach 30 lbs which I hope will be next month.
  • scubagoil
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Especially on completing every obstacle!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!
  • Vegan_Chick
    Options
    I'm thinking about doing the Warrior Dash in May... If I'm not ready, I might try the one in SC in the fall.

I signed up for the Warrior Dash in May. Looks like so much fun! I did the Zombie 5k which is similar with the obstacle courses and I can't explain how awesome it was. Many people walked a lot too so I wouldn't worry about whether you can run a 5k or not.
  • scubagoil
    Options

I signed up for the Warrior Dash in May. Looks like so much fun! I did the Zombie 5k which is similar with the obstacle courses and I can't explain how awesome it was. Many people walked a lot too so I wouldn't worry about whether you can run a 5k or not.

Thanks for the feedback about the race! I really need to start working on my upper body strength so I can conquer the obstacles!

I just checked out the Zombie 5k and it looks like so much fun! You must have had a blast!
  • Vegan_Chick
    Options
    I just checked out the Zombie 5k and it looks like so much fun! You must have had a blast!
    Words can NOT describe out AWESOME the zombie 5k was. I wanna do it again!!! My profile pic is me running to the finish line all muddy! Everyone should try it!!!!!
  • Vegan_Chick
    Options
    I finished the rugged manic and did every obstacle. I didn't set any records, but I completed my goal of finishing. I will try to post some pics this week. And maybe a sucess story when I reach 30 lbs which I hope will be next month.

Where are the pics?!?!?!?! I wanna see!
  • Sharonab123
    Options

OMG! I checked out the Zombie 5K, looks like SO much fun! I want to do that! What city did you participate in?
  • willforbes
    Options
    I posted pics in my profile. Check them out. They also told us to pose!! ha ha
  • psmith_five
    psmith_five Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to prepare for Tough Mudder in October. Anyone wanna help or join would be awesome.
  • Jennlock2003
    Options
    Doing in November City Of Oaks iand Urban Dare both in Raleigh
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    The Rock N Roll 1/2 in Savannah in Nov