Starting Insanity July 16th

Options
sonyab76
sonyab76 Posts: 17 Member
Hello, my name is Sonya and I plan to start insanity next Monday the 16th. Looking for a group starting at the same time (or already doing it/done it) to keep each other motivated day to day. I think if we share our results and how we are feeling as we go, we will have a great time getting through the 60 days.
Best of luck and health to everyone.

Replies

• 123whit
    123whit Posts: 9
    Options
    Sonya, I've just ordered INSANITY. Shipping says 2-5 business days. I might get it in time to start on Monday with you. I think it would really help everyone stay motivated day to day if we could all see how everyone else is doing. I am sooo excited to start it!!
  • Lauren0427
    Lauren0427 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on Monday as well!
  • sonyab76
    Options
    This is great!!! I am so excited to start! This group will be a great motivator for all of us.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it today, too! I'm planning on starting Monday!
  • jenjomal
    jenjomal Posts: 10
    Options
    i started today :)
  • sonyab76
    Options
    Monday is coming up quick... Are we ready?? I sure am!!
  • Lauren0427
    Options
    Ready and nervous! I have a feeling the first week will be a rough one :-)
  • sonyab76
    Options
    I am nervous too. I have been reading other people's post on their progress and I agree, the first week will be killer. I am just looking forward to the result. Will have to keep telling myself that.
  • KeepJoJoPushin
    Options
    I'm on week 3 and LOVE it I'm 5'3 and 217 and if I can do it anyOne can. I'LL SUPPORT U
  • KeepJoJoPushin
    Options
    Oh and yes your calves will KILL but u can push thru!!! They only hurt week one :) for me anyway.
  • columbiasmiles
    columbiasmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Shannon. My husband, Brian, brought Insanity a week ago and he has completed the fit test. I started Insanity today. Well, I did the Fit test (well in my case the Unfit test) today. It was tough. I was sweating and I did terrible. I can't wait til I have numbers I can be proud. I am not so much worried about losing weight but being fit.. I still struggle with a push up. I am 43 years old and I know I am out of shape and this will be a definite challenge.

At this point I am going to go through the nutrition guide and make a grocery list and go shopping.

I am looking for friends to seriously help us through this journey. It is so much better to have support in common goals.
  • macpacman
    macpacman Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow as well. I'm not sure I'll be able to follow the nutrition guides. I'll add you all. Good luck.
  • Lauren0427
    Options
    Just got done with the fit test, and all I can say is WOW! I think I'm going to go back and do the last 3 exercises over again. I tried getting it done before my kids woke up, but they go up earlier than normal and made it difficult to concentrate on what I was doing. Good luck everyone =)
  • Lauren0427
    Options
    How are y'all logging it in the exercise log??
  • sonyab76
    Options
    I also did my fit test this morning. I felt like I was going to either faint or pass out. Although now I feel great.

As for adding the exercises in, I am not fully sure, but I do know that you have to add them in under "add new exercise " but it helps if you have a HRM to know how many calories you burn during the specific exersize. I will have to spend some time later to figure all that out.

Hope you are feeling good!
  • Lauren0427
    Options
    I tore my house apart looking for the band for my HRM. We recently moved and I have no idea where it ended up lol. I guess I will invest in a new one =) I'm feeling pretty good! My legs already feel somewhat sore, but it's a good feeling! Ready for tomorrow!
  • 123whit
    Options
    I ended up getting it in the mail :) YAY, I was able to start with everyone. I too felt much like I was going to pass out and/ or vomit :) But after I felt great!
    If anyone wants to post their fitness test results I would be appreciative, as I feel like I didn't do very well :(
    I guess we will all get better as time goes on!
    Here are my results for my first fit test:

Switch Kicks- 43 (thought I was cool until I read the thing that said 2 kicks = 1 rep)
    Power Jacks- 39
    Power Knees- 55
    Power Jumps- 9 (this made me feel bad)
    Globe Jumps- 3 (even worse LOL )
    Suicide Jumps- 10
    Push up Jacks- 10 (best I could figure them out)
    Low Plank Oblique- 16 (these are sooo gonna be my favorite!)
  • 123whit
    Options
    How is everybody doing,? today would be day #3 for those of us who started on Monday. I know I am feeling better already. Sore, but I am learning the right way to do the workouts better.
    Hope everyone is doing good!
  • karadawn14
    karadawn14 Posts: 41
    Options
    I started yesterday so today is day 2! Looking so forword to getting those wicked results I have been seeing all over the forums. I am feeling soo sore today but I will push through!

SW: 158
    GW: 140-145
    Chest: 36
    Waist: 31.5
    Hips: 39
  • jaimeekins
    jaimeekins Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started on the 16th as well! Its been brutal and Ive been sore but I keep on pushing! So glad I found this group... I'm gonna need all the help I can get!

Here's how I did on Monday with the fit test:
    Switch kicks- 36
    Power jacks- 41
    Power knees- 64
    Power jumps- 20
    Globe jumps - 8
    Suicide jumps- 12
    Push-up jacks- 18
    Low plank obliques- 44