What inspired you to be a Bruce Lee fan?

Options
JKDBudda
JKDBudda Posts: 4 Member
:glasses:

Replies

• siulung
    siulung Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi JKDBudda!

Not sure you will ever read this, so I will keep it short. I didn't come to know Bruce Lee until long after he had past away. I only knew him as "some Martial Arts guy". I actually started training in Wing Chun without knowing ANYTHING about him. I'm pretty sure that is rare these days. I became a fan of Bruce Lee just by reading books writen by him and about him. Although his movies were awesome, and are still the standard which all other fight scenes are measured against today, I really became a fan of his work ethic. How much he accomplished and developed in the short life of 32 years is so impressive beyond description. The fact that he had a back injury that made doctors tell him he'd never walk again, never mind train Martial Arts. Within 6 months he was back better than ever!

Anyways, a good book I've read recently about the training experiences that people had with Bruce Lee is called "Jeet Kune Do Conversations". Fantastic book, written by a guy who started training at the Inosanto Academy shortly after Bruce Lee died. His name is Jose M. Fraguas. If you look it up on Amazon, you might be able to pick it up cheap. I'm sure another you've had your hands on it "The Art of Expressing the Human Body". Another fantastic book if you ever need a workout pick-me-up.

Peace
    Todd