needing some encouragement

Options
so im 5 weeks into insanity and i have not lost much as far as weight goes. Im noticing some big changes in my legs and arms but not so much in the torso area save for a few ridges where i think my abs are trying to revolt against the layer of fat im trying to destroy. will next month amp up the results? did anyone find that was the case? and should i not be so worried about my numbers because im about to stop weighing myself altogether.

Replies

• zg_grl
    zg_grl Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi! I'm not doing Insanity but have had similar results with other Beachbody "extreme" fitness programs - lost a LOT of inches and only a couple of lbs. I think you should stop worrying about the scale. Chances are you are replacing the fat with muscle hence the shrinking you without the big drop on the scale, which is awesome!!

MFP lets you track some measurements (neck, waist, hips) if you want to start tracking that along with your weight, it might be more encouraging.
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hang in there....you will definitely see results in the 2nd month as long as you keep an eye on your nutrition. The 2nd month is intense - so watch that you eat enough to sustain your exercise. You will really feel like you have made a major accomplishment when you finish!!!
    good luck!!
  • Jenvan78
    Jenvan78 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a pattern with people that do intense workouts like Insanity or P90X or even a good weight/cardio program is that they DO NOT lose much weight but the inches melt off. I am learning to accept that weight isn't everything...it's how your clothes feel, your health and endurance are what matter. The number on the scale is just that, a damn number...screw it :)
  • ActionStephen
    ActionStephen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    makes me feel better! month 2 begins! thanks all!
  • jpresson3
    jpresson3 Posts: 13
    Options
    Everyone said it great....track your inches. If you are getting lean then thats better than losing weight because you are converting fat into muscle which makes you healthier and stronger. Keep going and let us all know how it works out. Add me as a friend if you like, I am on week 3 and may need some encouragement soon..lol
  • jenneal89
    jenneal89 Posts: 243
    Options
    Yep, like they all said, inches are the key! I'm on week 5 of p90x and I've actually gained 3lbs but have lost 1/2in from each thigh and 1in from my tummy. For lots of people, the tummy fat is one of the last places to go. Don't give up! Weight is just a number but if you look and feel fab, who cares what the scale says! :)