injuries

Options
rainbos
rainbos Posts: 75 Member
HI

Any of you have any comments about what injuries are most common in CF?

How to prevent them? Deal with them?

Or just moan about your injury?

I hurt my achilles tendon, not sure how, maybe just sprinting. Im walking around like I have a wooden peg leg. Just lightly touching the back my tendon really feels very tender and sore. Really hope it resolves on its own. Happen to be too busy to work out for 3 days, and will take a 4th day off, if I have to.

Rain

Replies

• jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I lost my grip on the bar and fell on my *kitten*, bruised my tailbone so badly that I could squat or step up or anything in that range of motion for almost 3 weeks.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    my injuries are old, but definitely aggravated by CF. Frozen Shoulder/Impingement (can't kip or beat swing)t. Medial ligament injury (controlled squats are fine, wall balls, thruster hurt like a mo-fo), hairline fracture in the coccys, thickening of the foot tendons (achilles/extensor/peroneus)

Doing a thruster I took out my chin.
    Dropping a heavy barbell, it bounced back into my shins
    my hands tear all the time

I whine a lot, but I give myself kudos because I'm 40 and still beating some of the 20-somethings ;o)
  • rainbos
    Options
    I lost my grip on the bar and fell on my *kitten*, bruised my tailbone so badly that I could squat or step up or anything in that range of motion for almost 3 weeks.

OOW!!!!! Ive seen that happen at a competition, where the competitor was going really fast.
  • rainbos
    Options
    I whine a lot, but I give myself kudos because I'm 40 and still beating some of the 20-somethings ;o)

HA HA. me too.
  • CWSpiegel
    CWSpiegel Posts: 114
    Options
    I got a hernia in my groin doing Back Squats. Not really CrossFit specific injury though.

Lot of people that lift heavy at my Box have had them. It's kind of like a birth defect, if you have a weak lining there, its gonna happen.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    most common at our box are shoulders getting hurt. Since it's such a small muscle it's not used to so much attention all at once and it can be a pain in the butt to rehabilitate. Takes for freaking ever and set me back something awful several months back...
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    right now at my box, the main injuries are lumbar & shoulder. Lumbar injuries amongst the "older" crossfitters (35+), Shoulder amongst the young-guns.
  • rainbos
    Options
    right now at my box, the main injuries are lumbar & shoulder. Lumbar injuries amongst the "older" crossfitters (35+), Shoulder amongst the young-guns.

How do the shoulder injuries happen?