Day 13 - Keep it regular!

Options
Fattack
Fattack Posts: 666 Member
Remember to eat regularly, and try to avoid saving your calories for one big meal. If you do this, your blood sugar levels will drop, and you'll be more likely to eat unplanned items.

TASKS:

1 Write down the times of the day when you plan to eat your meals and snacks
2 Make an effort to eat within the 30 minutes of these scheduled times. At the end of the day, review your eating patterns ot see how well you did.
3 If you tend to skip meals or forget to eat, set an alarm to remind yourself when it's time for fuel.

Replies

• kimannabella
    kimannabella Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've started this. I have a 1,00, 4.30, 8.30 meal window where I have to eat on/before those times. Although today I had to eat earlier, because I left the house at 8.00, I knew I wouldn't be anywhere near healthy food at lunchtime (hospital) so had myself some porridge then.

It's a lot easier to do than trying to fit in 3 meals and 2 snacks, like my exercise programme reccomends. Once I am eating healthy, am not a big eater.
  • Oh_Cat
    Oh_Cat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been really trying to focus on the *when* I'm eating, as well as the *what* recently. I've been experimenting with tailoring my meals to my workout plan - so on the days when I do a heavy evening work out, I've been taking a meal to work (usually a homemade wrap or an Innocent veg pot) to have an hour or so before I leave for the gym, and then making up a protein shake when I get home, instead of having a heavy meal when I don't really feel like eating. It's working really well for me - I have much more energy and my blood sugar levels stay nice and level as I'm eating regularly, incorporating a morning snack on most days.

A little off task here, but just wanted to say that I use cinnamon capsules to regulate my blood sugar too. It might just be placebo but I really notice the difference on days I remember to take them (no cravings for sweet things at all!) :)
  • healermoon
    healermoon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Scheduling would work great for me if I were in a bubble. :) Unfortunately with my husband's weird work schedule and we try to eat together, we have a hard time scheduling, but I do try to have a snack, today was a handful of cherries, every 2-3 hours so I don't over eat at meal times!

Love these ideas!
  • Bola17
    Bola17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I usually have very regular meals every few hours to fight low blood sugar and have planned each days dinners for a whole week. We have a small chalkboard in our kitchen with the meals. This way I remember to get the stuff out of the freezer. It's also more economic as we use all leftovers.
    I have been skipping a morning snack in my holidays as I'm getting up later and having a later breakfast. Nice to be able to boil a few eggs or cook hot cereals. And nice not to be packing lunches! But I'm still planning. Like tomorrow we're doing a fleemarket thing - trying to sell a bunch of the kids old toys. Will be packing lunch, fruit and ice water!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Because I have a regular life,ie. no job, no schedule, i eat at very regular intervals. Breakfast 10am, main meal 1pm, tea 6pm, any nibbles in the evening. no worries unless we have days out scheduled like tomorrow, mega meal, not so much workout maybe..
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I was out on a girls day outimg with my daughter yesterday and still managed to keep on my normal schedule of eating times. I ate breakfast before we left for the day, I rarely eat a morning snack , we had lunch about 12:30, snack at 3:30, supper 6:30ish and p.m. snack between 8:30 & 9:00. It was a great day!