Aloha from far too far away!

Options
WaimanaloMan
WaimanaloMan Posts: 165 Member
My wife and I are moving to Oahu in hopefully less than a year, it would be great to have some friends who could help support me and whom I could support and trade useful information. Like how to get spam musubi under 250 calories :laugh: I've lost 21lbs in just over 2.5 months which I think is good but this is my first go at watching calories so there is a little about me. Aloha!

Replies

• vgpeterson1984
    vgpeterson1984 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Aloha,
    Congrats of the lost! You look great and i am sure you feel great.
    My husband and I live and work on the North Shore in Waialua. We would'nt live anywhere else.

Keep in touch,
    Veronica
  • WaimanaloMan
    Options
    Aloha Veronica!
    Mahalo for the kind words, I do feel so much better now, I can't believe it took me so long to make an effort to watch what I ate and how much I exercised. I live in a city at the moment so there's not much incentive to get exercise outside, I'm looking forward to changing that when we get to the islands, nothing like swimming and hiking to get the blood pumping! I used to surf way back in another lifetime, and the North Shore is one of those have-to-see places for me, our move is terribly exciting for us. How has your MFP journey been for you?
  • nutritionwhiz
    Options
    Aloha!

It will be great to have more HI MFP friends. There was a thought about getting together to go hiking so maybe that will become a reality and you can join us also. I have been hiking the last few weeks and plan to keep it up so if you ever needs ideas or info on trails let me know!
  • WaimanaloMan
    Options
    Aloha Nutritionwhiz!

I can definitely see my wife and I joining in on hikes in the near future once we've settled. We're already avid walkers and hiking sounds perfect, that is a great idea!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    ah.... so after I sent you that invite I find out you just arrived... lol!!!! I'm in Waimanalo too, but not for much longer! I've lived her all my life (waimanalo) 'cept for 3 years when I first got married and moved back to waimanalo when we were expectiving my daughter.
  • theprincereturns
    Options
    Congrats on your move to Hawaii. I am getting rotated off island in Jan (been here 2 1/2 years so far). Live down in Ewa Beach as I can take the shuttle boat over to pearl harbor for work :-) Beats H1 any day of the week.