Week 2 Discussion (7/9-7/15)

Options
RachVR6
RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
Hello ladies! What's on the menu for this week?

Replies

• RachVR6
    Options
    I just got done a SERIOUS plyometrics session!

muscular.gif
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    This week is "Half Marathon Training Week One: Reboot Boogaloo"!

At the BF's request, we are calling this week the first week of half marathon training. It makes sense since the training progam is 12 weeks with the race coming at the end of the final week so starting this week lines up perfectly with our race...BUT I STARTED LAST WEEK!! lol! Oh well!

A bit of cross training with the BF yesterday morning, yoga last night...3 mile run tonight...tomorrow should be a repeat of Monday...5 mile run on Thursday...Friday will be like Monday and Wednesday (though I'm tempted to make it a rest day)...Saturday is bootcamp class and yoga...Sunday is the Merrell Down and Dirty Mud Run 5K

My god, that's a full week!!!
  • Tobi1013
    Options
    I just got done a SERIOUS plyometrics session!

muscular.gif

Woot!! Well done, Rach!!
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Rach did you do weigh ins yesterday?? Totally forgot. :embarassed: If you did I am still at 120lbs. Feels like I am just at a standstill at 120. But hey at least I didn't gain this week. : ).
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I went back to the gym on Monday for Pump class and am still sore from hips to knees from all the extra squats we did (made dance class last night a whole new experience... do you know how hard it is to do 20 minutes straight of shimmies when the two main areas you need hurt?) Planning to go to combat class tonight.... then on to Saturday's meet up with the Personal Trainer to get me on track!!!
  • puttingmyselfoutthere
    puttingmyselfoutthere Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am swimming a lot lately- laps are super fun!
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Lots of activity from everyone so far! Great job and keep it up! I am training for a 10k...a new personal goal of mine. So I ran last night, tonight will be 30DS, Thursday I will run, Friday rest, Sat and Sun run.

I am already seeing loss on the scale from Monday's horrific weigh in. I feel good that I'm doing something right for a change. I feel like I woke up from a daze that I've been in lately. I'm going to need to keep the momentum going since Sunday is my son's 7th birthday (think cake) and Saturday is his kid's party (think cup cakes).

I am determined to show a loss on Monday! I hope to see everyone have a loss!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I'm back from vacation and ticked with myself but ready to move on. This weight gain of mine has got to stop and it starts today, no waiting for Monday or Thursday or whatever day.

I went for a walk at work with friends and I've planned out my meals for today. Yesterday's food shopping provided me with lots of good things to eat. I'm going to focus on getting in my full 10 glasses of water because I've been bad with them. I have to figure out the workouts, but I'm doing one thing at a time.
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Phew. I'm back to 140 so my gain is gone.

On the menu for today: after work, quick grocery shop, then pilates, then home to cook a good healthy dinner. Hopefully I can eat before 8 because I'm trying to curb late night snacking habits and late dinners don't help.
  • MarieKae45
    MarieKae45 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So far so good this week. Im keeping a strong eye on what i put in my mputh and even got the soda down. Today notta one! Packing food for the day and saw a .4 reduction :)
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm going back to measuring out cereal in the mornings (THIS ONE is notorious for skipping meals, so measuring might help remind me to knock that crap off) and doing Tiffany Rothe workouts in between cardio bits. Next week's scale WILL budge, damnit.
  • Tobi1013
    Options
    Convinced the BF that this week should, in fact, remain Week 2 of half marathon training!!!

Also convinced him that today is a rest day. Yay!!

Bootcamp class in the morning tomorrow, 5K mud run on Sunday!

Keep up the great work through the weekend, ladies!!
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Smoothies, Smoothies, and more Smoothies! Bought myself a Vitamix and I am going to use the crap out of it!
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Convinced the BF that this week should, in fact, remain Week 2 of half marathon training!!!

Also convinced him that today is a rest day. Yay!!

Bootcamp class in the morning tomorrow, 5K mud run on Sunday!

Keep up the great work through the weekend, ladies!!

Woo hoo!! Good luck on Sunday!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Ugh, my weights up like 4lbs right now. I've started eating more which is probably why. I was getting less than 1000cal a day due to staying up all night and sleeping all day. I'm making sure I'm getting my meals in now, and also am crazy sore from p90x now. Hoping I can flush some of this out over the weekend. We will see!
  • MarieKae45
    Options
    It's my Friday and I'm starting a 9 :smokin: day vaca from work!! I'm so ready to recharge. It's actually easier for me to eat better when I'm home and plan to use some of my time off to make some uber great meals ... freezer style. I'm hoping to get 4 weeks in my freezer. I've been pretty good all week. Only one soda and the weight seems to be holding steady.

The garden :flowerforyou: we planted is paying off and I'm able to pull veggies right out and on to my plate. I'm feeling better after 4 weeks of clean and heathly living. My fingers are crossed for a loss or hanging steady on Monday.

Stay strong through the weekend Ladies I know we can do this. :drinker:
  • MarieKae45
    Options
    Measuring is my KEY I have to do it and it really seems to keep me on the downward spiral :bigsmile:
  • sray30
    sray30 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have to make sure I get all my water in over the weekend. I seem to get caught up with everything else and forget.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I've forgotten what a difference water really makes. I've been making myself drink it (especially yesterday when I was feeling hungry all night, even after constantly shoving stuff in my face), and I'm down in weight. Probably retained because of the salt I've been going through, but after looking at the scale inching up in the past two weeks, I'm feeling fantastic.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I've forgotten what a difference water really makes. I've been making myself drink it (especially yesterday when I was feeling hungry all night, even after constantly shoving stuff in my face), and I'm down in weight. Probably retained because of the salt I've been going through, but after looking at the scale inching up in the past two weeks, I'm feeling fantastic.

I'm always amazed when I pick the habit of drinking water back up, too! :drinker: